PDA

View Full Version : Has this happened with your AG200?

VikingSamurai
10-08-2007, 12:55 AM
Just got back from the stringers and after I picked up my racket I noticed that the head shape kinda looked like it was stretched in some way.. So I brought it home and compared to my unstrung AG200 and it definately is a different shape.

Now I had it strung with Yonex Tough Brid 125 Hybrid at 45 in the mains and 47 in the crosses. But with the crosses only being 2 lbs stiffer, I cant understand how the frame could be manipulated as much as it has been, considering the string suggestions are 55-65lbs for this frame. I have never noticed a string job on a frame before, and now I am kinda a little worried about it.. Even to the point where I stand them side by side, the strung racquet appears to now be 5mm longer than the unstrung frame, and nearly a whole 1cm longer than one of my AG300's.

Is it just me, or is this natural for this frame?

Sephiroth619
10-08-2007, 01:10 AM
When I first started stringing I made the mistake of doing the crosses first and mains after. In doing so, what resulted was pretty much what you're describing now. Perhaps he strung it wrong by doing the crosses first?

VikingSamurai
10-08-2007, 01:21 AM
Thanks. Actually, I watched her start it and she definately did the mains first and then the crosses, so that rules that one out. But thank you for your reply though.. The thing is, I have never noticed a distortion from a rfame with any other frame I have owned as much as this..It just looks really long, and although only 5mm longer than the unstrung one, it is very noticable..

VikingSamurai
10-08-2007, 03:53 AM
Seriously, I am worried about whether I should leave the strings in, or cut them out?

Richie Rich
10-08-2007, 05:13 AM
stringer probably mounted the frame incorrectly. 47lbs will not cause a frame to do that. i'd get them to restring the racquet on their tab.

Loco4Tennis
10-08-2007, 05:41 AM
when i first started stringing, i experimented with 70 mains and 55 crosses
the racquet started as oval shaped, when i was done the racquet was a ballon shape, it was an experiment and a cheap racquet, so when i restrung it the shape came back,
ive also strung a racquet that was bending on one of the top corners, when i finished, the corner bent was more visible, check yours for dents and such

BurghKing
10-08-2007, 05:47 AM
stringer probably mounted the frame incorrectly. 47lbs will not cause a frame to do that. i'd get them to restring the racquet on their tab.

I would have to agree and say that the stringer did not properly mount the racquet. Was it a 2pt mounting on the stringer? Because most of the cases I have seen when this happens is on a 2pt (not to say that it could not happen on a 6pt). Definitely get them to restring it on their tab and make them aware of the problem. Bring your other racquet to show why you know it is wrong.

VikingSamurai
10-08-2007, 06:27 AM
Thank you guys.. The problem is, I want to leave the strings in and take my other frame to show the difference so that they can see what they have done, or should I take the strings out immediately? I have tried taking a few pic's to get the idea, but it isn't as strong in the pics.. The thing is, in person the shape just looks different to the unstrung frame and so that is why i know that my eyes aren't playing tricks.. Infact the head of the racquet is almost as long as the AG300 face..

The unstrung frame, aswell as this frame both looks round. Now the strung one looks like the AG300 and almost like a yonex..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/AusLexJapan/P1010640-1.jpg

As you can see in this pic, the strung frame is on the bottom, and it it can be seen inside of the top unstrung frame. Big difference.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/AusLexJapan/P1010638.jpg

And in this last pic, the strung rcquet has become a little over 5-6mm longer than the unstrung frame, and 10mm longer then my AG300's.. Is that normal?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/AusLexJapan/P1010643.jpg

NetMuncher
10-08-2007, 07:03 AM

Loco4Tennis
10-08-2007, 07:20 AM
when i strung my sisters dented frame, it made it worst to the point where she could not play with it anymore,
as a final resort i ended up writing the company, it was a wilson racquet,
i told them the frame got dented when we hit the ground and restringing made it worst, they were cool and replaced it for a new one, i did have to find the receipt
thats the problem with todays racquets, their made of such soft material, any impact can mess things up,
so the moral of the story kids,,, keep that dangg receipt!!! ;-)

Steve Huff
10-08-2007, 07:43 AM
The 2nd picture looks as if the strung racket is narrow AND shorter. So much so that they don't even look like the same racket. I hate to even mention this with all the "paintjob" and "fake" racket stuff being talked about, but one of these doens't look legitimate--unless you have an Asian model and a model from Europe or US.

jackson vile
10-08-2007, 04:25 PM
First thing I would do is try playing with it and see if you like it or not, mind got squashed a bit and I hated it. Prefer it much more with it longer.

VikingSamurai
10-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Very helpful everyone.. I have never had this happen before. Or even noticed a frame like this for that matter.. I understand that there would be some stress put on the frame when it is strung. But when the face completely changes shape all together, then thats when I think we have a problem.. It just looks really long and narrow.. At first I thought it was an illusion with the strings in compared to the frame without, but it just doesn't sit right.. I will take it back today and ask that they refund me for the cost and the price of strings and then take it to another place..Either way, I don't want to leave it like that longer than today in the case it will be permanently damaged..

VikingSamurai
10-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Just got back from the stringers, and they could see the problem strait away, the girl that did it was not there, and so they said that they were happy to re-do it and also cover the cost of the string. They don't have the string I use and so have decided to order it in for me and re-do it.. Cant be any happier with the result and thank you guys for your help..

MrBluefin
10-09-2007, 09:21 AM
Just got back from the stringers, and they could see the problem strait away, the girl that did it was not there, and so they said that they were happy to re-do it and also cover the cost of the string. They don't have the string I use and so have decided to order it in for me and re-do it.. Cant be any happier with the result and thank you guys for your help..

Did they have any explanation for the deformation of the racquet? Great that they are going to do it over again, but I'd really like to know how it happened in the first place. I too own and am currently experimenting with an AG 200 16x19 that I string myself, and would really like to avoid possibly doing the same thing. Thanks!

VikingSamurai
10-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Sorry mate, no they didn't. I said to the owner that the girl probably didn't secure it properly. But that was just an assumption..

VikingSamurai
10-13-2007, 01:47 AM
The center that did the bad string job redid my racquet and also strung another of my AG200's for free, and sent it to a guy that is part of the Japan Stringers Association, and I cant be any happier. This guy knew his stuff when it came to the AG200 and knew exactly how to give this frame some love.. Very happy with the result!.