PDA

View Full Version : Luxilon Strings - Please Help

Bach3387
03-18-2004, 12:55 PM
on the TW website you can click on what the pro players equipment is. i was looking at some of their equipment, and I know the racquets that TW says they use aren't the actual racquet they use (they paint them), but is the string TW gives as the string they use really the string they use or do they use something else? I see Ferrero and Agassi use Luxilon along with many other players. do they really use the strings TW posts or do they use something else that the public can't get (like their racquets)? and is luxilon a good string for an average player, it looks inexpensive, but is it long-lasting and does it have good feel? thanks

Xuan121
03-18-2004, 01:46 PM
Well I dont know the answer to your question about the pros, but I can tell you that Luxilon stringer are very good strings. The string is amazing, nothing like I have ever tried. It never moves, and is very durable. I just broke my string, which I got it strung over a month ago. I let my friend strung it with a wilson synthetic gut string, and it just isnt the same. You should give it a try.

Gaines Hillix
03-18-2004, 03:46 PM
Bach, Lux ALU Power 16L is my #1 string. IMO, it has the best combination of power, control, feel and durability of any string and it's not outrageously priced. I have several customers that really like it too. It never moves once it locks in.

As far as I know, there are no "paint jobs" when it comes to strings. Not that I've ever heard of, anyway,

chad shaver
03-18-2004, 06:45 PM
Bach,

You should definitely listen to Gaines on this one.

Rabbit
03-19-2004, 03:08 AM
Luxilon strings are definetly worth it. If you really wanna John Wayne it, try TIMO. I just ordered some Original and that 5-sided Luxilon to try. I've found that Luxilon strings are not only durable, but very reliable and raise one's confidence on court. They allow you to swing out and the ball seems to go exactly where you "think it" to. (If that makes any sense.) The only caveat is that you should drop tension on your first string job 6% - 10%. Once you try it, you can adjust your tension up or down, but it really does play well strung at lower tensions.

tarheelbornjohn
03-19-2004, 04:45 AM
If you follow all of the threads about Lux strings you will find a very consistent pattern. People like them. I would suggest that most of those who like them like to put alot of pace on the ball. That is where I find the strings (ALU and ACE) show their strength. They are durable and keep their tension. I love the string unless I am playing in sub 50 degree weather. I have never felt a string act like them on a heavy hit ball. Just feels great. Not a big advantage for me at the net or on chip and run type shots. You do need to drop the weight 5 lbs or so to get the best effect (unless you are hitting at pro levels).

The other part of the question is if they are the same strings the pros use. I would think they are the same. I have never seen a report about custom strings used by the pros. There are alot of strings out there for pros to pick from versus when they sign with a racquet comp that has only a few "new" players racquets to choose from and non of them are just what the player wants. I a string comp went to the trouble to manufacture a custom string that had some special benefits they could easily mass produce that afterwards and see it to us.