PDA

View Full Version : Davenport

degreefanlindi
11-11-2004, 02:12 PM
Is anyone watching the Davenport-Dementieva match on ESPN. Lindsay took the first set 6-0 and now leads 4-1 in the second. However, she looks great and in her best form...very much playing like the number one tennis player in the world against the young Russian. She continues to impress me and her Nike outfit is very cute as well.
Anyway, what does everyone consider her best shot? I think she has one of the greatest serves...just so powerful and well-placed...and it's not secret the key to winning tennis is to have an effective serve. Maria Sharapova plays tonight...should be a great match. The networks really should play more tennis on tv.

VashTheStampede
11-11-2004, 03:29 PM
Davenport takes it 6-0 6-1. That was one heck of a long game at 4-1.

degreefanlindi
11-11-2004, 03:46 PM
I couldn't believe that game! It just would not end....it was practically longer than the match. Congrats to Davenport though on a fine match.

baseliner
11-12-2004, 05:11 AM
That one game lasted 25 minutes! Have you ever seen such a lousy serve at this level? There were several games where Dementieva double faulted 3 times. Anyone got the stats on how many double faults in the match?

Dedans Penthouse
11-12-2004, 10:03 AM
Davenport-. She continues to impress me and her Nike outfit is very cute as well.
Anyway, what does everyone consider her best shot?

Her Nike outfit is "very cute" as well? You're a good sport with a kind and generous heart. I like Davenport but "cute" has a 'petite' ring to it, no?.....I mean Lindsey's carriage is about as subtle as a run-a-way grand piano on wheels.

Best shot? Imho, her return of serve. She will "tinkle" on 2nd serves, esp. lousey ones. Clean ball striker with "ball bearing" hands, especially on her backhand.

arosen
11-12-2004, 10:45 AM
Davenpork hits her backhand like there is no tomorrow and its practically always in. A killer shot. Too bad she looks like she is due for one of those extreme makeovers. I mean, she looks BACON big time.

degreefanlindi
11-12-2004, 11:26 AM
Her Nike outfit is "very cute" as well? You're a good sport with a kind and generous heart. I like Davenport but "cute" has a 'petite' ring to it, no?.....I mean Lindsey's carriage is about as subtle as a run-a-way grand piano on wheels.

Best shot? Imho, her return of serve. She will "tinkle" on 2nd serves, esp. lousey ones. Clean ball striker with "ball bearing" hands, especially on her backhand.

I was alluding to Lindsey's outfit only...thought the Nike attire was cute, that's all.
Her return of serve is a gem and I admit her second serve is often weak. Her backhand cannot go unnoticed....and she used to well last night. She is also one of the better strategy players in the game.