PDA

View Full Version : Luxilion supersense monotec 16L

federer envies me
10-08-2007, 12:00 PM
just bought these strings because it said "gut like performance." Do these strings really play like gut or are they just like any other co-poly?????
thanks in advance for any replies

Federer envies me

steve s
10-08-2007, 01:31 PM
No, and tension goes quickly. Way overpriced.

aussiepete
10-09-2007, 07:43 AM
maybe they should have said "YOU TOO, can play like federer"

bsandy
10-09-2007, 08:02 AM
I've often wondered if "gut-like performance" was false advertizing.

along with . . .

If you're in a car, going the speed of light, what happens when you turn the headlights on ?

. . . Bud

pow
10-09-2007, 10:10 AM
I've often wondered if "gut-like performance" was false advertizing.

along with . . .

If you're in a car, going the speed of light, what happens when you turn the headlights on ?

. . . Bud

I have the answer to both:

First one: Don't ever buy a poly and expect "gut-like performance", that's like claiming a 18 wheeler handling like a sports car. Premium multis and syn guts already have enough of a difficult time trying to emulate gut.

Second: The light from your headlights cannot exceed the speed of light, therefore, will not "outrun" the car. Somebody asked this in class. :)

10-09-2007, 11:32 AM
anyone or any manufacturer that suggests any poly or co-poly 'plays like gut' or 'feels like gut' is outright lying and / or indiscrimnate. Monotec plays like a slightly softer BB, which itself isn't even in the same universe as gut as far as feel goes.

carac
10-09-2007, 12:15 PM
It's NOT like natural gut, however from all the poly that I have tested so far Supersense has the most feel and is among the most comfortable ...

pow
10-09-2007, 08:46 PM
It's NOT like natural gut, however from all the poly that I have tested so far Supersense has the most feel and is among the most comfortable ...

I haven't tried them yet but that's interesting since the USRSA ranks it relatively high on stiffness.

gerikoh
10-09-2007, 08:51 PM
gut? well, it eliminated most of the gut's bad feature thus having a non-gut feel. but i like the string very much and i'm using it.

federer envies me
10-10-2007, 02:58 AM
thanks for the replies... Im probably going to return it or give it to my brother

nickb
10-10-2007, 03:26 AM
They are nothing like natural gut.....how luxilon has the nerve to write that on the pack is beyond me :-?