PDA

View Full Version : Playing at night

Heipnotik
10-08-2007, 03:23 PM
Any1 notice that playing at night with the lights gives everything 4 shadows?
Makes everything blury? Well i have that problem. Im a good day player but when it comes to night. My eyes get blurry and i can't hit the shots that i do during the day. any way to fix it? please post

TENNIS_IS_FUN
10-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Any1 notice that playing at night with the lights gives everything 4 shadows?
Makes everything blury? Well i have that problem. Im a good day player but when it comes to night. My eyes get blurry and i can't hit the shots that i do during the day. any way to fix it? please post

Don't play at night -_-

gsquicksilver
10-08-2007, 03:41 PM
maybe u need glasses

Bagumbawalla
10-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Playing at night has its disadvantages, as you have already noticed.

Even at the US Open you will see multiple shadows.

Obviously, some courts have better lighting than others.

You can change courts, play during the day, or just accept that the conditions are the same on both sides of the court and do your best to ignore the distractions.

Bottle Rocket
10-08-2007, 04:36 PM
I play at night probably 65% of the time... If I could, I would never play during the day.

In your case, it sounds like you might need to find some courts with better lights. Shadows and things like that have never bothered me.

krz
10-08-2007, 04:48 PM
I prefer playing at night. The sun makes me tired and hot. The weather at night is perfect.

Milano
10-08-2007, 05:02 PM
I prefer playing at night. The sun makes me tired and hot. The weather at night is perfect.

Yea, I love night play. Cool, no sun glare, and no background stuff to distract you.

BiGGieStuFF
10-09-2007, 06:07 AM
I hate hate HATE playing in the sun. I'm a vampire addicted to tennis but the Sun is my stake through the heart. I can pretty much say most of my losses are in the sun.

goober
10-09-2007, 06:15 AM
I hate hate HATE playing in the sun. I'm a vampire addicted to tennis but the Sun is my stake through the heart. I can pretty much say most of my losses are in the sun.

note to self: when playing Biggie in our rematch, schedule at match at high noon outdoors. :)

Seifersquall1
10-09-2007, 06:47 PM
I enjoy playing during the night :D

StealthGnome
10-09-2007, 07:43 PM
The shadows freak me out. It makes the ball very bright.
I love it but don't have much time to play at night.

pmata814
10-09-2007, 07:46 PM
I wear glasses so it is already difficult for me to see the ball at night. Add to that the glare that is produced with the lights--even with the antiglare coating on the lenses--and it makes for very frustrating tennis.

I also find the lights more blinding than the sun when I have to serve or hit an overhead. Maybe this is unique to the lights at the park where I play.

Kaptain Karl
10-10-2007, 09:16 AM
I dislike playing under the lights. Natural light cannot be duplicated or improved upon, IMO.

I have a pair of AMBER lens "sunglasses" in my bag for playing under the lights. Once I get used to the ball appearing WHITE again, it's easier for me to track the ball's flight under the lights with those lenses. Give it a try....

(If I don't stay sharp by playing over the winter, it takes me too long to get back into "mid-season form" in the summer. So I suffer through the lights....)

- KK

doggieboy
10-11-2007, 01:03 PM
I wear glasses so it is already difficult for me to see the ball at night. Add to that the glare that is produced with the lights--even with the antiglare coating on the lenses--and it makes for very frustrating tennis.

I also find the lights more blinding than the sun when I have to serve or hit an overhead. Maybe this is unique to the lights at the park where I play.

I also wear glasses. Wearing a hat cuts some of the glare. Some people see better at night than others. My wife always drives when we are together at night, as she can see far better than I.

As for strategy, at night I don't come to the net as often because it's harder for me to track the ball. I learned years ago not to get too frustrated when playing at night, as I know I don't see as well as others.

N4n45h1
10-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Somehow I can contact the ball better when its slightly dim and at dawn, i just get better hits and i nearly never mishit...its pretty surprising to me