PDA

View Full Version : So, when going to a concert..

Fumoffu
10-08-2007, 06:54 PM
What do you go for? Do you go expecting the band to do a lot of showmanship and involving the crowd? Or do you expect a performance that sounds the same as, if not better than, the recorded versions?

Post responses and reasons.

I myself could care less about the music if they put on a good show for me, though its sort of an interesting question in my opinion. On the one hand, a good show would generally entail good music but at the same time if the music is all that's there then it can get pretty bland. Which do you think is the more important asset?

gerikoh
10-08-2007, 07:00 PM
i wanna see the band personaly live.

Freedom
10-08-2007, 07:04 PM
The music is "all that's there" in a recording...does that get bland? If a band sucks live, I don't care how much they play with the crowd. I go to a show expecting to hear the songs I like, and to hear them sound pretty similar to what I've grown to like.

Lakoste
10-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Apparently having a good time and having the band sound good are mutually exclusive?

You guys need to go see better bands...

z-money
10-08-2007, 08:22 PM
its on the individual whether they think they are better live. better to just bask in the ambience of greatness and hope your friend comes around to your good time

SoBad
10-08-2007, 08:30 PM
How would you know? Do they have concerts in Kansas?

angharad
10-08-2007, 08:30 PM
I go because I generally prefer live music - unless it's an MTV #1 hit that's been protooled to death.

The one concert I go to where it actually becomes a show (and adds to the music) is Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I try to make it at least once a year, and I've never been less than impressed. They understand that lots of effects and showmanship aren't a replacement for actual music.