PDA

View Full Version : I've switched to Topspin Cyber POWER!

Ripper
10-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Some of you may recall I had a serious addiction to Poly Polar and I felt dissapointed when I learnt here that Topspin is not going to be making it anymore. So, I decided to give their latest product a try, Topspin Cyber Power. My initial thoughts were that it's soft, but not as soft as Poly Polar. I, also, thought it was more powerful than Poly Polar and in a crispier kind of way, too. However, I wasn't convinced this was the string I wanted to switch to. Having said that, I decided to stick with it for a while and wow; it's really grown on me. I've managed to exploit it's best characteristics; mainly, it's great power. I, still, think it's not as soft as Poly Polar (no poly is, imo), but, by stringing it lower, it gets close. Cyber Power's tension retension is way better than Poly Polar's, but that's no surprise. I think spin is better, too.

Edit: I, still, think Poly Polar is special and that Topspin will just reformulate it or something.

lilxjohnyy
10-08-2007, 08:32 PM
have u used cyberflash?? how do they compare ???

Ripper
10-09-2007, 06:55 AM
have u used cyberflash?? how do they compare ???

Sorry, but I can't help you there. From what I've heard/read, CF is, even, crispier, but CP is softer. I was planning a long term test with CF, but, with the success I've had with CP, I don't think I'll bother (for the time being, at least). I'm sure I've seen posters compare CF & CP here; so, you could try searching for those posts.

mista-k
10-09-2007, 07:03 AM
I still have a reel of this...
I do like its initial hit and couple of days after...but hell it loses tension like crazy after a week!!!! <balls literally fly over the fence>

how did you fall in love with Poly Polar!!!???!!!!
(strung in a Irad OS Hybrid x CF tops)

bsandy
10-09-2007, 07:15 AM
I've got a reel of Cyber Power. I think I'm going to give it one more chance.

. . . Bud

fastdunn
10-09-2007, 08:46 AM
CF isn't exactly crisp string. Firm but not really crisp.

Ripper
10-09-2007, 09:09 AM
I still have a reel of this...
I do like its initial hit and couple of days after...but hell it loses tension like crazy after a week!!!! <balls literally fly over the fence>

how did you fall in love with Poly Polar!!!???!!!!
(strung in a Irad OS Hybrid x CF tops)

I agree it does lose tension, but my experience is reverse to yours; to me, it feels like it loses power as it loses tension. I love Poly Polar, basically, because of it's feel. No other poly compares to it in that department.

CP isn't exactly crisp string. Firm but not really crisp.

Remember I'm coming from Poly Polar. Believe me, it feels crisp, to me ;)

fastdunn
10-09-2007, 09:44 AM
Remember I'm coming from Poly Polar. Believe me, it feels crisp, to me ;)

I actually meant CF. I modified my OP. Haven't tried CP yet.

If I give comparison handles like following:
stiff <--> soft
crisp <--> muted
firm <--> cushioned
which side do you think CP is ?

Thanks,
FD

AmericanTemplar
10-09-2007, 09:45 AM
I've been playing with Cyber Power both in a hybrid with Klip Legend and on its own, and I've found it to play quite well. I was actually thinking of buying a reel because I have been having arm trouble lately so it seems like it would be a string that would benefit my current condition mainly with hybrids, but I could probably also occasionally get away with using it on its own when it's a little wet outside. Of course I will be playing it until it breaks in both set-ups before I commit to buying a reel, especially since some people here have had bad things to say about its tension maintenence. But I was under the impression that Cyber Power was supposed to maintain tension better than just about any othe poly out there?

AmericanTemplar
10-09-2007, 09:50 AM

stiff <--> soft
crisp <--> muted
firm <--> cushioned

Thanks,
FD

I'd say that generally speaking it is pretty close to the middle on all of the ranges that you provided, but if you are asking how it feels compared to CF, I'd say it's definitely softer, maybe a little less crisp, and definitely more cushioned.

bmichaelia
10-09-2007, 10:27 AM
I've got less than 2 hrs on a hybrid, and like it so far. It feels different than CF, which I also like, but I couldn't do a direct comparison cause I don't have that on a stick right now.

Recently I've been playing with the "German Gut" in a hybrid, and the CP definitely wasn't as soft as that, and didn't seem as powerful either, but I found I could swing away with good control, and get good speed on the ball that way. Maybe a little better spin, but not much. Good control. I stayed at around my usual tensions, using 57# mains CP, and 60# OG micro crosses.

For those that have used CP, what tension did you use?

scotus
10-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Ripper,

Weren't you going to try MSV Focus Hex?

What was your impression of that? And what did you like better about Cyber Power?

fastdunn
10-09-2007, 12:27 PM
I'd say that generally speaking it is pretty close to the middle on all of the ranges that you provided, but if you are asking how it feels compared to CF, I'd say it's definitely softer, maybe a little less crisp, and definitely more cushioned.

Thanks. that's all I need to know.

abenguyen
10-09-2007, 12:46 PM
i did too ripper. can't do much though cause i only have a set left and don't/can't dish out the money to get a reel. i don't know how much longer i will have my last amount of poly polar. but i'll use it for good cause

Lloyd Barcenilla
10-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Ive played with cyber power for a few days and its really powerful, might try blue gear

Ripper
10-10-2007, 05:41 AM

stiff <--> soft
crisp <--> muted
firm <--> cushioned

Oh, ok... Regarding your question, maybe, you're going to find this wierd, but I find it to be more towards soft than stiff, more towards crisp than muted and more towards cushioned than stiff. Again, remember I was playing, almost exclusively, with PP, which could make my opinion on CP be quite different to someone else's who comes from, for example, Cyber Flash.

Ripper,

Weren't you going to try MSV Focus Hex?

What was your impression of that? And what did you like better about Cyber Power?

Never got to try it. Probably won't for a while. I'm a bit tired of playtesting strings. Plus, I feel it affects my game. I play a lot better when I use the same racquet, string and tension combination consistently.

Ripper
10-10-2007, 05:46 AM
Ive played with cyber power for a few days and its really powerful, might try blue gear

Problem with Blue Gear is that I can see those gear teath smoothening up as they wear down. I prefer thin round strings.

fastdunn
10-10-2007, 03:46 PM
Oh, ok... Regarding your question, maybe, you're going to find this wierd, but I find it to be more towards soft than stiff, more towards crisp than muted and more towards cushioned than stiff. Again, remember I was playing, almost exclusively, with PP, which could make my opinion on CP be quite different to someone else's who comes from, for example, Cyber Flash.

Don't worry. It does not sound wierd. It's certainly possible to be crisp but soft and cushioned at the same time.

Thanks for the input.

Lloyd Barcenilla
10-10-2007, 09:55 PM
I usually use SPPP

I am looking for more control and spin rather than power, should i try cyberflash or blue gear?

Ripper
10-11-2007, 07:47 AM
I usually use SPPP

I am looking for more control and spin rather than power, should i try cyberflash or blue gear?

Both. And don't stop there. Sorry, but that's the way to do it :)