PDA

View Full Version : Kinetic Pro 5g - Balls sticking?

lildev0426
11-11-2004, 06:48 PM
I have two kinetic 5g's. one is over 6 months old the other is new. the new raquet is much louder when shaking the kinetic balls around than the 6 month old racquet and i have experienced slightly more vibration with the older racquet reading what chris said
"ProKennex has updated its Kinetic technology so that it absorbs even more racquet shock and vibration. Due to static, some of the Kinetic balls would become trapped against the Kinetic chamber walls. Static does not affect the new Kinetic material as much so more of the Kinetic balls are free to move inside the chamber on each hit."
do you think that i should send this racquet to pro kennex for possble replacement? i do not have a receipt for it though so i feel i will be out of luck. is it worth a try? the bad thing is it has almost new pacific nat gut in it right now, lol. i just ordered another 5g fom TW but now I am concerned that the kinetic balls in the new racquets will start sticking soon also. is this a freak occurance as i hope it is or will the racquets vibration dampening in the new racquets also deteriorate as this one has? any info on who i should contact or if i should send it to you guys at TW to have a look?
thanks,
mikps i am more concerned about my new racquets rather than getting a replacement but the replacement would be nice.

TW Staff
11-12-2004, 08:58 AM
We have not experienced any deterioration in the Kinetic systems of our demo racquets. We have found the "G" series of racquets to work very well and be some of the more arm friendly racquets around.
The new Ionic Kinetic system does indeed cut down on static and features a redesigned kinetic system which is designed to be more efficient at doing what it does best - provide some nice pop and be very arm friendly.
If you feel one of your 5G racquets is in some way defective you may return it to be checked out. If you purchased the racquet through TW, we have a record of the transaction and provide you a copy of the receipt. If you purchased the racquet from another retailer, I suggest contacting them regarding their return policy or contacting ProKennex customer service at 1-800-854-1908. Mailing address: PROKENNEX
Attn: Warranty Claims, 16707 Hwy 67, Ramona, CA 92065.

Chris, TW.