PDA

View Full Version : Polyfibre Cobra - Truth in Advertising

alfa164164
10-09-2007, 07:28 AM
Polyfibre Cobra is similar to Polyfibre TCS - quite comfortable, especially for a poly, with very good bite on the ball. Good to see a product actually live up to it advertising.

TW Staff
10-09-2007, 09:26 AM
Not as purdy as the TSC Rapid, but it sure does pack a venomous bite.

Chris, TW.

armand
10-09-2007, 09:55 AM
Not as purdy as the TSC Rapid, but it sure does pack a venomous bite.

Chris, TW.http://slhomepage.com/forums/images/smilies/comedygold.gif

shojun25
10-09-2007, 03:48 PM
also gives more spin, and it has a crisp feeling.

LafayetteHitter
10-09-2007, 10:57 PM
You find it has helped out in the crisp dept on your O3 frames? I strung SPPP Pure mains and Yonex 850 Pro Spin crosses at 60 lbs in my Speedport Black and find it a little on the mushy side. Not sure if it is from the Multi crosses or the SPPP Pure just not being crisp enough. Next up might have to be Cobra as a full job. I have liked the Polyfibre stuff i've tried.

Alfa, did my M-fil 300 I bought this week come from you? Similar name to the seller.

Gasolina
12-31-2011, 06:27 AM
A lot of people say the Cobra is a lot like the TCS. To me there's some subtle differences.

At first strung at 51 lbs, both feel similar, with the Cobra feeling a little more crisper. Unfortunately it doesn't translate to better control over the TCS. Spin is excellent though.

As the string loses tension, as expected, so does the control. Got some wildly inconsistent results when hitting beyond the sweetspot.

Biggest difference is during the last few hours of the string. TCS lasts a little longer than CObra. Maybe because the TCS feels dead when it loses tension, while this feels like a rocket launcher.