PDA

View Full Version : Help Formating SD Memory Card

ilovecarlos
10-09-2007, 10:33 AM
So I couldn't take pictures at the Scottish Festival...crap...my camera, a very amateur Kodak c643 6.1 mega pixel camera is telling me that the internal memory is full. Well I had a 512 memory card inserted. The camera isn't new...I formatted the camera the first time I put in a sd card and it's supposed to stay that way until I change it...wrong....I figured maybe the memory card was full so I purchased another. Camera is still telling me internal memory full. I've tried to reformat it....I go to menu...to settings...to format...to ok...it flashes formatting, but it doesn't work...I keep getting internal memory full still....HELP!!!! I'm about ready to throw camera out the window and go back to my trusty 35mm Nikon....So many brilliant people out there...can one of you help me...pretty please??????
Thanks

angharad
10-09-2007, 10:41 AM
A few questions:

-Is it set to use the SD card primarily, resorting to internal memory only when the SD is full?

-Is the SD card "locked"?

goober
10-09-2007, 10:42 AM
edit: I didn't read your post carefully never mind

ilovecarlos
10-09-2007, 10:48 AM
edit: I didn't read your post carefully never mind

No...you were right...thank heavens I saw your post before you edited it...I had to change that setting...not just reformat...phew...wonder what happened to change the setting...again...thanks all of you;)

armand
10-09-2007, 10:50 AM
internal memory refers to the built in memory of the camera. Meaning not the SD card.
You have to go to settings and somewhere there should be an option to use the SD card, maybe called external memory?

courtrage
10-09-2007, 10:55 AM
No...you were right...thank heavens I saw your post before you edited it...I had to change that setting...not just reformat...phew...wonder what happened to change the setting...again...thanks all of you;)

now i must know what he said !!!!! :(

goober
10-09-2007, 11:25 AM
now i must know what he said !!!!! :(

I just told him to switch the in menu setting to the memory card, because the default is internal memory even after put in the memory card.