PDA

View Full Version : How does ladders work?

Tennis_Monk
10-09-2007, 04:36 PM
I did some search but didnt get the essence. I joined this new club where they play 3 sets with 3 different players in a 4.0-5.5 league.Each set won gets you a point. (The organizer is on vacation till next week)

Thats all i understood. Not sure how it really works out. I am a 4.25 (alright i can play like crap on any given day) aspiring to move up much higher. If i win matches against fellow 4.0's then i get to play 5.0's?. Is that how you move up the ladder?

AceofBase
10-09-2007, 07:14 PM
I dont know but i think you need to talk to manger or so to get the detail, because some has different rule, like i join this local public tennis ladder and its doesnt matter what NTPR you are and if you win you take over your oppentment rank to the top of you. So basic, by your way i guessing that's if you have a current amount of point to get to 5 rated then you will be the first on the list of the 5 NTPR league and the more point you earned will just boost you up to the next rank or rated.

Geezer Guy
10-10-2007, 07:41 AM
I did some search but didnt get the essence. I joined this new club where they play 3 sets with 3 different players in a 4.0-5.5 league.Each set won gets you a point. ...

Sounds a bit like a league I sub for sometimes at my club. It's Doubles. Each week there's a sheet showing what 4 guys are on each court. You play 3 sets of doubles, alternating partners each set. There's a scoresheet where each player keeps track of the number of games they win. The league coordinator will look at the score sheets and move the best player on each court "up" to a higher court, and the worst player on each court "down" to a lower court. Eventually, all the good players end up on the higher courts and the lower players end up on the lower courts. This gives you a slightly different group to play with each week, and also keeps the good and bad players separated a bit - giving everyone a competitive match. Everyone has an equal chance of working their way up to the best court. It's a lot of fun.