PDA

View Full Version : Why is a Babolat racquet more expensive to ship than other brands

AndrewD
10-09-2007, 10:22 PM
I was just checking out shipping costs for a few different racquets - the Babolat Pure Drive Team Plus, Aero Pro Drive Plus, Pure Drive Cortex Plus, Wilson K Factor KSix-One X and the Prince 03 Speedport Black- and noticed that I was quoted a higher shipping cost for the Babolats. With no other items added, choosing the free stringing option and via Express Mail to Australia, the Wilson and Prince were quoted at $47 but the Babolat Pure Drive Plus was quoted at $54, the Babolat Aero Pro Drive Plus was quoted at $51 and the Pure Drive Cortex Plus was also quote at $51.

Why is Babolat more expensive to ship than the other brands (even the heavier Wilson is cheaper) and why is the Pure Drive Team Plus more expensive than the other two Babolat racquets?

TW Staff
10-10-2007, 10:09 AM
When I pull them up to ship to Australia, individually, they all come up @ $47 via express mail. I did find when shipping the Babolat Aeropro Drive plus AND the Babolat Pure Drive Cortex Plus, together came to $54 via express mail.

Keep in mind I placed these individually without any other items.

Spencer, TW.

AndrewD
10-10-2007, 01:40 PM
Thanks Spencer.

I was checking the shipping individually, without any other items, but still got the discrepancy in shipping price. I tried it again today and for the Babolat Pure Drive Plus strung with the free Wilson Stamina 16 but absolutely nothing else included, I still got a price of $54 for shipping via Express Mail. Tried it using Mozilla and using IE but got the same result ($54) each time

The order looked like this:

Babolat Pure Drive Team Plus (3/8 ) 179.00 179.00
Stringing Instructions: Wilson Stamina Synthetic Gut 16 (free option)
Babolat Racquet Shipping Credit -5.95 -5.95
Sub Total: 173.05
Sales Tax: 0.00

Shipping to Australia via Express Mail: $54

Oddly, if I removed the Babolat Racquet Shipping Credit, the Express Mail price dropped to $51.

If I had tried to ship Babolat Aeropro Drive plus AND the Babolat Pure Drive Cortex Plus, together to Australia, Express Mail would not have been an option as the total cost would have been over $200. In that case, my only options for shipping to Australia would have been FedEx.