PDA

View Full Version : poly polar playing like syn gut?

tbini87
10-09-2007, 11:35 PM
i strung my t-fight 335 with full poly polar at 55 lbs (57 is max rec.). it was soft as i expected, but did not play like i thought it would. i thought i would have a lot of spin and control, but did not find either to be all that great. the strings also moved a lot for a poly, which suprised me. i liked the feel and touch, which i did not expect to get from my first full poly job. but overall i thought it played similar to a syn gut, which suprised me. any one else have experiences like that? if i try it again i will string it tighter, because it is definately not stiff and is easy on the arm.

Ripper
10-10-2007, 06:30 AM
i strung my t-fight 335 with full poly polar at 55 lbs (57 is max rec.). it was soft as i expected, but did not play like i thought it would. i thought i would have a lot of spin and control, but did not find either to be all that great. the strings also moved a lot for a poly, which suprised me. i liked the feel and touch, which i did not expect to get from my first full poly job. but overall i thought it played similar to a syn gut, which suprised me. any one else have experiences like that? if i try it again i will string it tighter, because it is definately not stiff and is easy on the arm.

Poly Polar is a love or hate string. Try it in different tensions and give a bit of time to see in which camp you end up. I wouldn't say it plays like a syn gut, but I know what you mean. Finally, love or hate it, nobody can deny it's very different to all the rest, which is why I can't imagine Topspin discontinuing it.

fridrix
10-10-2007, 06:53 AM
It is definitely a soft poly, does feel like a thick synth gut to me.

tbini87
10-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Poly Polar is a love or hate string. Try it in different tensions and give a bit of time to see in which camp you end up. I wouldn't say it plays like a syn gut, but I know what you mean. Finally, love or hate it, nobody can deny it's very different to all the rest, which is why I can't imagine Topspin discontinuing it.

i seem to be middle of the road right now. i like the string, but did not get enough "poly" feeling from it. but as i get used to it i am liking it more and playing better with it. i am almost thinking about using it as a cross with a stiffer poly... that might be interesting.

tbini87
10-20-2007, 07:01 PM
i ended up staying in the middle of the road as far as poly polar. did not give the spin that i was looking for in a full poly setup. like the feel and softness, and the price. overall it is a good string, but didn't have the characteristics i was looking for... will try cyberflash and big ace and see how those compare.