PDA

View Full Version : Racquet Contact Spot Spray?

coolblue123
10-10-2007, 04:20 AM
Tried to search for this but couldn't find anything. I was wondering if there is something I can put on my strings w/o damaging it that puts a mark on my racquet strings on where I hit the ball at?

I've been off centering my shots recently slightly and wanted to see where I hit the ball instead of relying on the yellow threads sticking on my racquet. Perhaps a powder or something like that?

TIA.

Bodacious DVT
10-10-2007, 05:02 AM
i guess you could use stencil ink and see where it wears off.

yellow fuzz sounds more practical though...

Mahboob Khan
10-10-2007, 08:52 AM
To improve your sweet-spot hitting, remove strings from your racket. It's not a typo; remove all strings from your racket.

Ask a partner to feed you balls. If your contact is ok and in the sweet spot, the ball will go through your racket head. If the contact is jerky/inconsistent, you will frame the ball. It is also a great drill for concentration and developing racket-head speed.

burosky
10-10-2007, 10:44 AM
To improve your sweet-spot hitting, remove strings from your racket. It's not a typo; remove all strings from your racket.

Ask a partner to feed you balls. If your contact is ok and in the sweet spot, the ball will go through your racket head. If the contact is jerky/inconsistent, you will frame the ball. It is also a great drill for concentration and developing racket-head speed.

Are you assuming the whole string bed is the sweet spot? Hitting the frame is totally different from not hitting the sweet spot.

Here's something you might want to try. Someone mentioned using stencil ink to mark the sweetspot then check where the ink wears out. Workable but not very good. Instead of marking the actual sweetspot, mark the outside of the sweetspot so the sweetspot itself doesn't have ink. To see if you are missing the sweetspot, all you need to do is check the ball. If it has ink, you know you are hitting outside the sweetspot.

jasoncho92
10-10-2007, 04:22 PM
Hard part of that is finding where the sweetspot is lol. You have to bounce the ball a lot and find where the whole thing is

NoBadMojo
10-10-2007, 05:06 PM
try a set of the original BlueStar string. It's blue (obviously) but very quickly frays and where it frays the colour is noticeably lighter. You can used most any multi string really and that will fray where you make contact the most. there are many factors and elements involved in contact points, and this all may not really help you anyway....the key is to groove your strokes with good technique..when you do that, this all takes care of itself

drakulie
10-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Here's something you might want to try. Someone mentioned using stencil ink to mark the sweetspot then check where the ink wears out. Workable but not very good. Instead of marking the actual sweetspot, mark the outside of the sweetspot so the sweetspot itself doesn't have ink. To see if you are missing the sweetspot, all you need to do is check the ball. If it has ink, you know you are hitting outside the sweetspot.

This is an excellent idea.

Glad I thought of it! :) (just kidding).