PDA

View Full Version : Zyex as a hybrid cross with poly

Bengt
10-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Anyone use this setup? Seems like it should work well.

jasonbourne
10-10-2007, 01:46 PM
I have. Klipper Zyex is my favorite multi. It adds feel and power when added with a poly mains hybrid. Durability is not bad. It helps maintain the string bed's playability.

Bengt
10-10-2007, 03:04 PM
Did you like it better than syn gut in the cross? Was it a big difference?

jasonbourne
10-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Clearly better than any syngut I have tried. It does not compare. Playability, feel, comfort and durability are above what syngut has done for me.

Newpac
10-10-2007, 09:39 PM
Jason,

How do you like Big Ace mains with Zyex cross? Could you comment on power, spin, and string movement with this setup compared to a full BA?

jasonbourne
10-10-2007, 11:23 PM
Newpac,
BA/Zyex is my favorite poly/multi hybrid because it provided the best performance compared to the many poly mains I tested with Zyex crosses. This hybrid produced the most spin, playability (both maintained very good tension maintenance on their own) and controlled power. The Zyex of course broke first. However, to give you an indication of its durability, I tested Poly Power Soft mains with Zyex crosses. PPS mains snapped *before* the Zyex crosses did!
As for string movement, it had the least string movement of the poly mains I tried.
I never used full BA. Hence, I cannot compare it with BA/Zyex hybrid for you.

BethanyBeachBum
02-19-2008, 06:05 PM
I use Powerburst Mains and Zyex Crosses and find it to be excellent for a full swing and maintaining control. You can't beat the price. The only mail order site with reasonable shipping and handling.

scotus
02-20-2008, 12:00 AM
Newpac,
BA/Zyex is my favorite poly/multi hybrid because it provided the best performance compared to the many poly mains I tested with Zyex crosses. This hybrid produced the most spin, playability (both maintained very good tension maintenance on their own) and controlled power. The Zyex of course broke first. However, to give you an indication of its durability, I tested Poly Power Soft mains with Zyex crosses. PPS mains snapped *before* the Zyex crosses did!
As for string movement, it had the least string movement of the poly mains I tried.
I never used full BA. Hence, I cannot compare it with BA/Zyex hybrid for you.

In a hybrid setting, was Poly Power Soft noticeably more arm-friendly than Big Ace?

jasonbourne
02-20-2008, 11:57 AM
In a hybrid setting, was Poly Power Soft noticeably more arm-friendly than Big Ace?

Yes, PPS is noticeably arm-friendlier than BA.

Newpac
02-24-2008, 03:33 PM
Jason,

Have you tried Zyex mains with poly cross? Any comment on Gamma Professional.

jotho0317
03-08-2008, 12:49 AM
Jason,

I was wondering the same thing. A friend told me to try POLY crosses
with Synthetic mains and that some professionals were doing just that.
I guess I will give that a try next.

Does anyone have any experience with that?

By the way, I have tried Pro Poly Soft in the mains, then as a cross with
poly mains. (I am a power player with nice topspin)
For me the PPS mains broke at light speed :shock:~~ at approx 53lbs but it
it has turned out to be a really nice cross. I am a "ball-pounder" so
maybe I should not talk about feel but the PPS feels as good as or better than any cross I have used thus far; and thats a bunch.

jasonbourne
03-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Jason,

I have not used Gamma Professional, only Klipper Zyex.
I have tried zyex mains and poly cross hybrid. Compared to the reverse there is more power and feel. Also, less spin and considerably less durability. If you prefer poly crosses with a soft main, then I would suggest a natural gut mains would be better for overall performance and cost.

PBODY99
03-09-2008, 09:43 AM
I was wondering the same thing. A friend told me to try POLY crosses
with Synthetic mains and that some professionals were doing just that.
I guess I will give that a try next.

Does anyone have any experience with that?

By the way, I have tried Pro Poly Soft in the mains, then as a cross with
poly mains. (I am a power player with nice topspin)
For me the PPS mains broke at light speed :shock:~~ at approx 53lbs but it
it has turned out to be a really nice cross. I am a "ball-pounder" so
maybe I should not talk about feel but the PPS feels as good as or better than any cross I have used thus far; and thats a bunch.
With a multi as the main & poly crosses it is not quite as nice as gut mains but it is a very comfortable alternative for players who are not durability first driven.