PDA

View Full Version : My Groundstrokes *VIDEO*

jasoncho92
10-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Well i fixed some stuff and i know i have to do more of a torso twist on my forehand but im wondering what i have to improve now.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fcp_CLC1Agg

And i took off the times when we go and pick up balls but i somehow missed the longest one :confused: so just skip 10 seconds when you get to it. And ive been playing for 7 months so i know i need more experience as well

Taimur
10-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Hi Jason,
I'm a bit of a rookie myself ( over a year and a half). My coach, Sir Mahboob, gave me some great advice for generating more bite on the forehand drive.
1.Try bringing your left( non-hitting arm) back with the rest of the upper-body during the backswing, like both arms are a single unit. Essentially, it makes you bring the shoulders into play more, and drastically increases the pace and accuracy on the forehand. On the follow-through, the entire set (arms, shoulders) unwind naturally.
Your follow-through looks pretty good, but then again i really lack enough know-how to be trusted on this tip.
2. He also mentioned the importance of hitting a high-low-high forehand for more top-spin, though yours seems to fit this bill pretty well anyway.
Nice video though...(oh yeah, a good knee bend, like your going to sit on a chair while coiling up for the forehand helped me alot too, though this probably factors more in clay-court tennis)
Hope this helps......(by the way, the forehand is my favorite stroke, especially if i manage to hit an inside-out shot successfully)

10isfun
10-10-2007, 09:43 PM
7months???
you look pretty good for only 7months, that is some awesome progress man!
and i agree with the 1st tip above

for your backhand i would say put ur head down so u can see the ball and through the ball
g'luck!

Punisha
10-11-2007, 02:56 AM
with respect to guy who said tip about rotating arms as unit... its basically pulling your right shoulder behind your waist to point at the fence. The other arm comes back to help balance. You do this sometimes but not all the time. One major thing is alot of the time you dont seem to have your weight going into the ball. Even if your moving backwards, a small push off the toes, moving your body forward 15 cm will drastically increase your power in shots, so try not to be neutral or even falling away unless you have to.

jasoncho92
10-11-2007, 05:06 AM
Im trying to have more rotation but i keep forgetting to after i do it for an hour or so of playing. But when i do use it, is it normal for my shots to have no accuracy since i havent practiced with it much?

jasoncho92
10-12-2007, 05:15 PM
Does anyone know anything more i can improve on form wise?

Oleg
10-13-2007, 12:48 AM
Your strokes are on track. Taking smaller steps as you are tracking the ball will help you stay more balanced and get to the contact point with more precision. The same with recovery, keep your upper body still and head locked on the ball as you are recovering and keep moving your feet until your opponent begins his swing.