PDA

View Full Version : A little trouble on the court..

dgrave2
10-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Ok so I was wondering about grips. For serves and forehands, I actually hold the racquet to where my thumb sits on top and not on the side. I've tried adjusting my grip to where my thumb is on the side, but balls just go in every direction. As for serves, tonight I tried using a Continental grip and I ended up hurting my wrist. Any suggestions on what I should do? I mean, I don't hit bad with the grip I use. I'm not a "great" player yet, I can manage to zip a few balls back and I easily can find the right base line on the opponent's side, as well as add some spin on my backhands. I can usually get serves in, but I do have my moments of double faults. I think part of my problem is I just picked up a racquet and started playing and so I've adapted to my own way of holding the racquet, etc. So if anyone has any suggestion of what I should do, that would be GREAT. :D thanks!

Seifersquall1
10-11-2007, 07:04 PM
Ok so I was wondering about grips. For serves and forehands, I actually hold the racquet to where my thumb sits on top and not on the side. I've tried adjusting my grip to where my thumb is on the side, but balls just go in every direction. As for serves, tonight I tried using a Continental grip and I ended up hurting my wrist. Any suggestions on what I should do? I mean, I don't hit bad with the grip I use. I'm not a "great" player yet, I can manage to zip a few balls back and I easily can find the right base line on the opponent's side, as well as add some spin on my backhands. I can usually get serves in, but I do have my moments of double faults. I think part of my problem is I just picked up a racquet and started playing and so I've adapted to my own way of holding the racquet, etc. So if anyone has any suggestion of what I should do, that would be GREAT. :D thanks!
You should use the continental grip when you serve. For backhands and forehands, you should experiment different grips when you play. Find the most comfortable grip and always use it.