PDA

View Full Version : A Good Tennis Player

LouieR93
10-10-2007, 10:03 PM
In order to be a good tennis player, do you think the player has to be physically fit? Please state your opinion and why.

SoBad
10-10-2007, 10:04 PM
Yes. In order to excel in sports you need to be physically fit. Tennis is a sport. Therefore, in order to excel in tennis you need to be physically fit.

TENNIS_IS_FUN
10-10-2007, 10:31 PM
In order to be a good tennis player, do you think the player has to be physically fit? Please state your opinion and why.

Depends what you mean by physically fit...do you consider nalbandian to be physically fit?

HewittSuckz
10-10-2007, 10:58 PM
Depends what you mean by physically fit...do you consider nalbandian to be physically fit?

Dude dont be ********. Just because he isnt is as ripped as some as the other players doesnt mean he isnt fit. And granted, his fitness as of late has not been very good and his ranking has indicated that. But with all of that being said...HIS RANKING IS STILL 22! You can not have anywhere near that kind of ranking or even been a professional tennis player if you are not physically fit. Period.

StealthGnome
10-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Yes, or you die on the court.

TokyopunK
10-11-2007, 03:39 AM

Idk you have to defined physically fit........

I am skinny, have no muscles, 22% body fat, eat bags of candy everyday, drink soda everyday, eat fast food for lunch and dinner.

And I am pretty good at tennis.

topspin_17
10-11-2007, 04:00 AM
of course a player has to be fit... otherwise he can't outlast his opponent in the long run.

nickb
10-11-2007, 04:05 AM

I am skinny, have no muscles, 22% body fat, eat bags of candy everyday, drink soda everyday, eat fast food for lunch and dinner.

But have you reached your full potential as a tennis player?

rum02
10-11-2007, 04:29 AM
it depends. if you think a good tennis player is just someone with good looking strokes, then no - you don't have to be physically achieve that. But once you get higher than recreational tennis it is almost a necessity. of course there is the odd exception. but if you want to be good it makes it so much easier to be fit.

my_forehand
10-12-2007, 02:49 AM

Yet you scared all the gansta's away :P

TENNIS_IS_FUN
10-13-2007, 10:31 PM
Dude dont be ********. Just because he isnt is as ripped as some as the other players doesnt mean he isnt fit. And granted, his fitness as of late has not been very good and his ranking has indicated that. But with all of that being said...HIS RANKING IS STILL 22! You can not have anywhere near that kind of ranking or even been a professional tennis player if you are not physically fit. Period.

Hewitt are you a legit ****** or just a ******? Where in my post did i say that Nalbandian isnt fit?

Max G.
10-15-2007, 08:16 PM
No. To be a good tennis player, you have to beat your opponent. This includes physical fitness and strength, as well as strokes and tactics. If you're good enough in one, you can get away with less of the other. Once you get to college level and above then yes, you have to be pretty fit to stay competitive, but there's always a tradeoff to be made there, and below college level you can get away with being pretty out of shape.