View Full Version : la la - good girls go

the man to beat
11-12-2004, 10:20 AM
exciting matches so far

keep it up

:twisted:

pound cat
11-12-2004, 12:57 PM
I don't get it on tV, you don't tell us anything about what's great about it, so I'll take your word for it. Are there any people in the stands watching it???

VashTheStampede
11-12-2004, 03:24 PM
In the matches I've seen so far, practically no one was watching.

pound cat
11-12-2004, 03:29 PM
That is really too bad, just like last year. They haven't done anything to make it more fan friendly which shouldn't be surprising because pro tennis isn't about fans anyway. only $$$$$

Newby
11-13-2004, 12:18 PM
I watched Thursday night's matches at the Staples Center. On TV, it may look like the stands are empty but the camera only shows the front row seats, which I believe costs a lot more and are reserved. The General Admissions seats were nearly filled. I'd have to say the most exciting match of the night for me was the Sharapova/Kuznetsova match. Sharapova hit the ball much harder than any of the players and kept Kuznetsova running right and left the whole time. As for the Serena Williams/Dementieva match, the crowd was much more lively and was on Serena's side mainly because she grew up in Compton, only a few miles away from the Staples Center. Serena began warming up with a one handed backhand DRIVE while Dementieva was practicing her volleys. She then switched back to her two hander when the match started. The pace of their match was much slower than Sharapova's match. I found it strange that Serena didn't try to go for much on her first serve...they were on average about 85 mph! It was much slower than Dementieva's serve, which broke 110 mph every once in a while. I find this surprising because there has been so much talk about how weak Dementieva's serve is. I arrived kind of late so I didn't really catch much of Amelie Mauresmo's match against Zvonareva except for the matchpoint, which was an amazing backhand passing shot executed by Mauresmo.The only complaint I have is that a soda and nachos cost $13 at the Staples Center!!!!! :roll:

the man to beat
11-13-2004, 12:39 PM
back from the ussr

swing and shout

!