PDA

View Full Version : What do you make of blue gear?

Lloyd Barcenilla
10-11-2007, 08:37 AM
Im using SPPP at the moment,
tried cyber power and it was too powerful.

Whats blue gear like

Ripper
10-11-2007, 08:49 AM
Let me repeat what I said on that other thread:

Problem with Blue Gear is that I can see those gear teath smoothening up as they wear down. I prefer thin round strings.

In the past, I used to try lots of textured strings. Some work much better than others, but they all have that problem in common.

diredesire
10-11-2007, 09:31 AM
Let me repeat what I said on that other thread:

In the past, I used to try lots of textured strings. Some work much better than others, but they all have that problem in common.

This is true for BG, too.

The strings start out VERY low powered, but soften up into a manageable string. I'd look elsewhere if you're looking for sheer performance, but it does pack a load of bite.

PROTENNIS63
10-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Im using SPPP at the moment,
tried cyber power and it was too powerful.

Whats blue gear like

Blue Gear has tons of spin, not very soft compared to Big Ace or SPPP in my opinion, however there have been people here claiming that Blue Gear is softer than SPPP. All I know is that Blue Gear is NOT for everyone. If you have lots of spin now, then you do not need it.

zapvor
10-11-2007, 01:23 PM
i want to try it out too. so its super textured huh?

Lloyd Barcenilla
10-11-2007, 01:24 PM

Yeah, hopefully it has the same power level of sppp and increased spin.

zapvor
10-11-2007, 01:24 PM
Yeah, hopefully it has the same power level of sppp and increased spin.

i know nothing about strings. whats sppp?

scotus
10-11-2007, 01:27 PM
i know nothing about strings. whats sppp?

Signum Pro Poly Plasma

mclee025
10-11-2007, 06:41 PM

I wouldn't say that it's super textured. There are some very narrow and shallow grooves the run the length of the string. You have to look close to see them.

Ripper
10-11-2007, 08:13 PM
so its super textured huh?

For the first few hours.

HappyLefty
10-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Im a SPPP user and decided to try Blue Gear 16 @55lbs. At the begining the string had tons of spin and control. My initial impression was very very positive.
After some few hours the string started to loss tension and control. Some of my shots landed in the fence. I cuted it out and returned to my original SPPP 1.18 @55lbs.