PDA

View Full Version : K Gut Pro users...

Keifers
10-11-2007, 08:37 AM
I notice the 16 gauge version of this string is 1.33mm -- kind of thick given that the vast majority of 16s are 1.30mm.

Does it look --and play like it's -- thicker than other 16s after it's strung up? (Does it stretch to more like 1.30mm?)

Thanks in advance.

Bad Dog
10-11-2007, 01:11 PM
I notice the 16 gauge version of this string is 1.33mm -- kind of thick given that the vast majority of 16s are 1.30mm.

Does it look --and play like it's -- thicker than other 16s after it's strung up? (Does it stretch to more like 1.30mm?)

Thanks in advance.

I don't normally use 16 gauge, but as an analogy I am happier with K-Gut Pro 17 gauge than most other 17 gauge multifilaments, even if K-Gut Pro 17 might possibly be slightly thicker.

I would recommend against pre-stretching K-Gut Pro. As others have pointed out, the Pro feels like a pre-stretched version of regular K-Gut.

Keifers
10-11-2007, 01:44 PM
I don't normally use 16 gauge, but as an analogy I am happier with K-Gut Pro 17 gauge than most other 17 gauge multifilaments, even if K-Gut Pro 17 might possibly be slightly thicker.

I would recommend against pre-stretching K-Gut Pro. As others have pointed out, the Pro feels like a pre-stretched version of regular K-Gut.
Hey thanks, Bad Dog. I appreciate the warning against pre-stretching. I've heard several good comments about the K-Gut Pro -- including from a couple of very knowledgeable friends (they own a local tennis shop) -- and I'm looking forward to trying it.

Does anyone have experience with the 16 ga?

tennismaster888
10-11-2007, 04:31 PM
i just strung a racket with 17 gauge k gut pro...does anyone know if it shreds easily?