PDA

View Full Version : Sell your e---bay stock now. . .

max
10-11-2007, 09:04 AM
It's no longer the place to get a good buy. I'm just finding people paying the new cost for used stuff! And even obscure items getting multiple bids!

Are the glory days for the big auction site over?

I've been scru-d by sellers twice, so I'm at a point where I'm just going to chump up the extra couple bucks and buy stuff at the store. Not worth the hassle.

scotus
10-11-2007, 12:38 PM
I still shop there with pleasure. You just need to control your maximum bid, and do a bit of checkup on the seller.

Recently I got myself a brand-new wireless G range max card for about 1/5 of what I would have to pay at Best Buy or Circuit City, and that's including shipping. Now that's a good deal.

Azzurri
10-12-2007, 04:53 AM
I know what you mean. I can't believe how stupid people are. I have been watching for Breathe Free 2's lately and people bid so high o them they actually end up paying more than what I could get them for at a retail store. Most of the time they save like 5 bucks.

What I don't like is there are businesses that place their shop on the bay. They ruin the true nature of the auction site.

I rarely buy stuff from there anymore.;)

ericsson
10-12-2007, 05:20 AM
The popularity is too big, i liked the bay more some years ago, bargains everywhere, now you need lots of luck...

jorel
10-12-2007, 05:46 AM
I know what you mean. I can't believe how stupid people are. I have been watching for Breathe Free 2's lately and people bid so high o them they actually end up paying more than what I could get them for at a retail store. Most of the time they save like 5 bucks.

What I don't like is there are businesses that place their shop on the bay. They ruin the true nature of the auction site.

I rarely buy stuff from there anymore.;)

depends where you live... buying an item from the US (even at msrp)when you live in the UK could save you a good deal of money.. the items in the UK cost 30% more in general (even with the shipping cost)

jorel
10-12-2007, 05:48 AM
its also a good place to find stuff that you basically have no chance of finding on your own.... how many garage sales would you have to go to before happening upon a st vincent ps..... with **** you can prob get one within the week. auctions are also an addiction. eby will be fine

Azzurri
10-12-2007, 09:51 AM
depends where you live... buying an item from the US (even at msrp)when you live in the UK could save you a good deal of money.. the items in the UK cost 30% more in general (even with the shipping cost)

that's true, but aren't you finding many sllers do not mail outside of the USA?

Azzurri
10-12-2007, 09:52 AM
its also a good place to find stuff that you basically have no chance of finding on your own.... how many garage sales would you have to go to before happening upon a st vincent ps..... with **** you can prob get one within the week. auctions are also an addiction. eby will be fine

no arguement here....that is or should be the main purpose, but there are too many businesses associated with the auction site. Way too many.

jorel
10-15-2007, 04:26 AM
that's true, but aren't you finding many sllers do not mail outside of the USA?

someitmes if you email them and ask them... they will reconsider depending on the seller.. some sellers dont want to ship to sri lanka or some out of the place way, but if you live in the UK or Canada... the seller might accomodate