PDA

View Full Version : Any "They Might Be Giants" Fans?

max
10-11-2007, 10:15 AM
just curious; saw them twice in concert.

Dedans Penthouse
10-11-2007, 03:50 PM
Creative geeks. Did a good spot on Saturday Night Live many years ago. The album "Factory Showroom" had some funny/catchy stuff on it. Btw, if you put on the 1st song ("X, X, Y") from the album "Factory Showroom" .....then MANUALLY scroll backwards for "minus -1:00" and you'll find there is a 1:00 minute "prelude" to the first song; gibberish with drums and 'tweaked' vocals, but still....it's 'hidden' in there.

Am not familiar however, when they took a hiatus from rock, went the "Wiggles" route and did those 'kiddie' albums.

Lakoste
10-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Love them...own all their albums and have been to a couple of their concerts, although none recently. One of the very few bands I can listen to their entire discography without skipping a song, I like just about every one*.

*Doesn't include the albums No! and Here Come the ABCs:lol:

alwaysatnet
10-11-2007, 05:52 PM
I often hum Particle Man to myself to get me through the day.
It always works.

ollinger
10-11-2007, 06:01 PM
Took my daughter to see them in lower Manhattan when she was in high school because she was a huge fan....I left the concert a fan as well. Clever stuff.

Bolt
10-11-2007, 06:04 PM
I often hum Particle Man to myself to get me through the day.
It always works.

Thanks for the earworm. :)

VAmazona
10-16-2007, 01:41 AM
Birdhouse in Your Soul is one of the happiest songs ever. Remember it for Valentine's Day.

max
10-16-2007, 06:54 AM
Yeah, Birdhouse is great. I was shocked at a TMBG concert that the whole crowd just jumped up and sang the whole thing along, verbatim.

rommil
10-20-2007, 10:24 AM
I saw a band on Craig Kilborn show which I heard was introduced as TMBG(I didnt hear the name too well). They sang a an alphabet song on names of countries and that was easily the crappiest song I have ever heard.