PDA

View Full Version : Soft poly with long-term playability?

-Kap-
10-11-2007, 11:59 AM
Does anyone have experience with a soft poly that maintains its playability for quite a while?

I've recently gotten back into tennis, and I'm using poly for the first time (Head Ultra Tour 16L). I like how it plays, and I like the durability compared to the synthetic gut that I've used before, since I do hit with some spin and pace. It doesn't cause any arm pain for me, but as a precaution, I'm trying to find a softer, possibly more comfortable poly to keep my arm pain-free. I'm a decent player, having played in college, but I'm currently just playing on the weekends, so I'm not looking to restring my racquets very often. Are there soft poly strings that keep their playability long enough for me to restring just a couple of times a year?

When it's time to restring, I'm considering the following in 17 gauge for a full poly setup, but I'm open to other options as well:
Topspin Cyber Power
Pro Supex Big Ace
Pro Supex Poly Power Soft

Any feedback or opinions? And thanks in advance! :D

PROTENNIS63
10-11-2007, 12:05 PM
Of those 3, Poly Power Soft is the softest. It probably has the most playability but is not as durable as Big Ace or Cyber Power. I play with Big Ace and like it. You should give it a try.

louis netman
10-11-2007, 01:06 PM
The nature of poly makes it lose tension in short-order...
As you may already know, most serious players who use poly cut the strings out when they lose tension...

Ripper
10-11-2007, 02:35 PM
This is kind of the same question:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=161216