PDA

View Full Version : Cracked Wilson frame: Help!!

Connors
10-11-2007, 04:28 PM
I've had a Wilson K-Factor Team, which I love. I bought it on **** five weeks ago. I don't know how the top of the frame cracked but now the racket is dead. I contacted Wilson's customer service dept. via e-mail and they have not gotten back to me three days later.

What should I do? I've given Wilson a lot of business over the years. Thanks.

kingdaddy41788
10-11-2007, 04:42 PM
my guess is if you got it on the big auction site, you have no recourse whatsoever.

TheShaun
10-11-2007, 08:04 PM
I've had a Wilson K-Factor Team, which I love. I bought it on **** five weeks ago. I don't know how the top of the frame cracked but now the racket is dead. I contacted Wilson's customer service dept. via e-mail and they have not gotten back to me three days later.

What should I do? I've given Wilson a lot of business over the years. Thanks.

you're probably SOL. but if it's cracked and good for nothing you may as well send it in to wilson with a letter explaining what you want from them (replacement), your contact info (mailing address, phone number, e-mail) and then keep on them till you get an answer. it can't hurt.

Azzurri
10-12-2007, 05:33 AM
Maybe I am a born scam artist, but don't do any of the above. Buy another TEAM from another seller not on the bay. Wait a few weeks and contact Wilson at that time. You will have a receipt from a legit company. Now I hope the racquet you somehow cracked is not a fake. Would it be possible to put a few pics up and that of the crack?

This situation happened to me years ago. I bought a new Head Radical TT from a local guy (he played with it once) and a few months later I somehow cracked it on a serve. I had no receipt..I went to my local sporting goods store, bought another and returned the Head a month later. Got a brand new one and had a friend return the new one back to the sporting goods store for a store credit....Sweet. I know, I am going straight to hell.;) :-(

Connors
10-12-2007, 06:22 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions. I kind of like the last one--if Wilson would deal with me fairly, I wouldn't do it. I've bought at least 20 sticks from them over the years.

Nuke
10-12-2007, 07:50 AM
If Wilson would deal with me fairly, I wouldn't do it. I've bought at least 20 sticks from them over the years.
Wilson is not treating you unfairly. You want a warranty replacement on a frame where you did not pay for the warranty. That only comes with a new purchase from a legitimate source, not e-bay auctions. The fact that you bought many Wilson racquets is irrelevant.

Azzurri
10-12-2007, 11:23 AM
Wilson is not treating you unfairly. You want a warranty replacement on a frame where you did not pay for the warranty. That only comes with a new purchase from a legitimate source, not e-bay auctions. The fact that you bought many Wilson racquets is irrelevant.

that depend Nuke...I believe he did not get it from a dealer, but there are many dealers on the bay that are authorized dealers. Its not the issue of buying from the bay. I bought a PS 85 from the Racket Guy...authorized dealer. He had them in my grip size (TW was out of stock) and I got it for a nice price. I got the warranty card and sent it in.

Nuke
10-12-2007, 11:53 AM
Ahh, that could be. If it's a shopowner doing business on e-bay, and you bought a new racquet (not used), then you should be covered under a warranty. But there's no way to tell from the original post if it was new or used.

dunlopfan
10-12-2007, 11:57 AM
I thought that everybody got some sort of warrenty when they bought Wilson frames. My Wilson n4 came with one. I would think that any other frame would be the same.

courtrage
10-12-2007, 01:28 PM
Maybe I am a born scam artist, but don't do any of the above. Buy another TEAM from another seller not on the bay. Wait a few weeks and contact Wilson at that time. You will have a receipt from a legit company. Now I hope the racquet you somehow cracked is not a fake. Would it be possible to put a few pics up and that of the crack?

This situation happened to me years ago. I bought a new Head Radical TT from a local guy (he played with it once) and a few months later I somehow cracked it on a serve. I had no receipt..I went to my local sporting goods store, bought another and returned the Head a month later. Got a brand new one and had a friend return the new one back to the sporting goods store for a store credit....Sweet. I know, I am going straight to hell.;) :-(

well damn..i'm glad we didnt deal on the oscillates now :-p

TW Staff
10-12-2007, 01:53 PM

Hmmmm. Interesting.

snoflewis
10-12-2007, 02:29 PM
lol...great way to ruin your references lol

desilvam
10-12-2007, 03:34 PM

yes.. you are going to hell :) ..

why would you:
1) do that in the first place
2) admit it out here
3) recommend it here

:rolleyes:

NoBadMojo
10-12-2007, 04:05 PM
to summarize..person bought a wilson racquet at a place which isnt TW ...it became cracked and this person is now asking TW what to do about it..

JohnP
10-12-2007, 05:26 PM
The best part is the guy who thinks that exploiting obvious loopholes that are in place that are only there because of an expectation of honesty from the consumer is a "scam artist". That's like some guy who picks up a quarter off the ground bragging about being a master thief.

TheShaun
10-12-2007, 07:45 PM
to summarize..person bought a wilson racquet at a place which isnt TW ...it became cracked and this person is now asking TW what to do about it..

i don't think he's asking tw to do anything. i think it's just posted in the wrong section. seems like he's just looking for advice...

Pr0DiGy
10-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Idk slappano, sounds like a good idea but I think all rackets have serial numbers on them. I know my receipt for Prince t10s, which i just sent in for warranty, had a code on them that was the same as the ones on the tongues (you know, with the size of the shoe?).

Azzurri
10-12-2007, 08:17 PM
well damn..i'm glad we didnt deal on the oscillates now :-p

LOL...c'mon, I only scam big business, not the little guy.

by the way...got a brand new pair of oscillates (11.5) for $50 TOTAL...sweet.

Azzurri
10-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Hmmmm. Interesting.

LOL...notice I said Dick's Sporting goods and that happened almost 9 years ago. I would never do that to TW.;) :p :D

Azzurri
10-12-2007, 08:21 PM
lol...great way to ruin your references lol

who...me? I assume you were trying to be funny...what? you're telling me I'm the only one with a few skeleton's in my closet?

Azzurri
10-12-2007, 08:26 PM
yes.. you are going to hell :) ..

why would you:
1) do that in the first place
2) admit it out here
3) recommend it here

:rolleyes:

1. I was working as a cashier at a convenient mart while going to college. so I had little money. The racquet I bought used was new. He just did not have the receipt. It cracked on a serve, never ever tossed it, so I was a bit miffed to say the least.

2. oh no..what? will no one ever talk to me again?

3. its actually a solid plan. it would work...he does not have to take my advice. I also peed on street once....oops.

Azzurri
10-12-2007, 08:30 PM
The best part is the guy who thinks that exploiting obvious loopholes that are in place that are only there because of an expectation of honesty from the consumer is a "scam artist". That's like some guy who picks up a quarter off the ground bragging about being a master thief.

welcome newbie....if you only knew what I am capable of. And I thought of it first.....when it coms to honesty, its a hard pill to swallow when it concerns major tennis companies that lie to the consumer year in and year out regarding racquet technology and who is supposedly playing their sticks (PJ). finding the quarter is luck....my situation had nothing to do with luck.

Azzurri
10-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Idk slappano, sounds like a good idea but I think all rackets have serial numbers on them. I know my receipt for Prince t10s, which i just sent in for warranty, had a code on them that was the same as the ones on the tongues (you know, with the size of the shoe?).

Not sure how it works....that was a long time ago when I did that. I don't think the serial number is on the receipt though. All you need is a copy of the receipt when you send it to Wilson (or whatever company) and if it falls within a year you should be ok. Is the warranty card the only way to get a replacement if there is an issue with workmanship (or whatever the warranty covers)?