PDA

View Full Version : I get to name the street and you just know it has to be a tennis player!

pmata814
10-11-2007, 04:40 PM
We're going to subdivide our property and I get to name the street....Cool!

I plan to name it "Agassi Court" (it has to be either 'court' or 'circle'). I left the engineer a second and third option in case this one is already taken.

2. "Sampras Court"
3. "McEnroe Court"

:p

I know sampras was the better player but I just have always enjoyed watching Agassi more, probably because of his character in the later years.

armand
10-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Alberto Berasetegui Circle

margaret court

CanadianChic
10-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Alberto Berasetegui Circle

Thanks for the laugh!

TENNIS_IS_FUN
10-11-2007, 06:11 PM
why not federer court? Safin court?

fujitsu77
10-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Rafa Road

Edouard Roger-Vasselin street

Konstantinos Economidis street

and don't forget

Oleksandr Dolgopolov Jr. street

drakulie
10-11-2007, 06:12 PM
**"drakulie court "** sounds much better that the names you mentioned. Those guys are all punks! :)

Phil
10-11-2007, 06:14 PM
We're going to subdivide our property and I get to name the street....Cool!

I plan to name it "Agassi Court" (it has to be either 'court' or 'circle'). I left the engineer a second and third option in case this one is already taken.

2. "Sampras Court"
3. "McEnroe Court"

Do yourself and everybody else a favor: don't name your street after a tennis player.:confused:

pmata814
10-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Do yourself and everybody else a favor: don't name your street after a tennis player.:confused:

Why not?

What would you suggest?

I'm not going to name it after some politician, using our last name is pretty lame, and using names like Quartz, Ruby and other stones (like nearby streets) is boring. So what then?

ktownva
10-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Why not?

What would you suggest?

I'm not going to name it after some politician, using our last name is pretty lame, and using names like Quartz, Ruby and other stones (like nearby streets) is boring. So what then?

Yeah, naming your street after a tennis player would look really dumb after a while. Unless it was named after Arthur Ashe. Then it would be terrific.

BreakPoint
10-12-2007, 12:17 AM
margaret court
But that would make it "Margaret Smith Court Court" ;) LOL

ananda
10-12-2007, 12:54 AM
Be prepared for some real corny ones!

Ancic Avenue
Becker Boulevard
Court Court
Isner Island
Leander Lane
Gulbis Gulch
Federer Expressway
Henman Hatchery
Bartoli Refinery
(Sue) Barker Obedience School for Canines
Camerin Photographers
Harkleroad Road
Ljubicic Lane
Peer Peer (Shahar)
Pierce Jewellers
Sprem Bank (K Sprem)
Wade Pond
Fish Fishery or Fish Lake
Woodbridge Forest
Gasquet Gaskets
Wheaton Farm
Tanner Tannery
Lendl Moneylenders
Kriek Creek (johann)
Connors Corner
Berdych Aviary

Even worse ones coming up:
Budge Bridge (Don)
Smashnova Junction/Crossing
Turnbull Stud Farm
Blake Lake

Supernatural_Serve
10-12-2007, 03:57 AM
Keep it simple:

Tennis Court.

You can live at 1 Tennis Court.

Dedans Penthouse
10-12-2007, 06:58 AM
...don't name it after a tennis playerWhy not?

What would you suggest?

So YOU get to name the street and with all the possible choices, you're gonna 'spend it' on a TENNIS PLAYER? Ouch.

If I was given the choice to name a street; slam-dunk-city;
I'd name it "MY WAY"(and I'd have 'em playing Sinatra's "My Way" during the street-sign unveiling, etc.--total cheese) :cool:

If you must go the tennis route, and:
If it's a one-way street: Lenglen Lane

If it's a street that goes "both ways" (and assuming the street runs in a north-south direction), name the 'northbound' side Richard Raskind Road and the 'southbound' side Renee Richards Blvd.

Otherwise, give your "street" some cache, why not:
-Abby Road
-Tobacco Road
-Carnaby Street
-Saville Row
-Penny Lane
-Hollywood Blvd.
-Bleeker-McDougal St.
-Champs de Ellesse
-Death Row
-The End
-Love Street

(your street can take it to another level; be more "expansive" -- though I know you're set with "Andre Ave." or whatever)
-Exile On Main Street
-10th Ave. Freezout
-The Long & Winding Road
-Where THIS Street Has No Name

Goldenboy
10-12-2007, 07:06 AM
Keep it simple:

Tennis Court.

I second the motion.

richw76
10-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Yeah, naming your street after a tennis player would look really dumb after a while. Unless it was named after Arthur Ashe. Then it would be terrific.

Truth is with the popularity of tennis most people would never make the connection. The few that did, mostly tennis players, would get a kick out of it I think. And it's no worse than many other street names I've seen before. Only don't call it

Kohlschreiber Way the kids in teh neighborhood will be in the 3rd grade before they can spell their address. ;-)

Keep it simple:
Tennis Court.

tennis ct. yeah that's awesome. But awesome like howard the duck. Which I think was a great movie no matter what my friends say.

Geezer Guy
10-12-2007, 01:16 PM
I'd go with either Tennis Court or Doubles Alley.

(or maybe Topspin Drive?)

max
10-12-2007, 01:20 PM
I like Margaret Court; contains that pun. Tennis Court's good too, if they'll let you.

armand
10-12-2007, 04:42 PM
If I was given the choice to name a street; slam-dunk-city;
I'd name it "MY WAY"(and I'd have 'em playing Sinatra's "My Way" during the street-sign unveiling, etc.--total cheese) :cool:

-Where THIS Street Has No NameLOL, great stuff, almost as good as minehttp://gfx1.mail.live.com/mail/w1/emoticons/smile_nerd.gif

mhstennis100
10-12-2007, 06:24 PM
Center Court.

chuckmckool
10-12-2007, 06:29 PM
**"drakulie court "** sounds much better that the names you mentioned. Those guys are all punks! :)
lol i do like the ring of drakulie court

D-man
10-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Doubles Alley.

Topspin Drive

Center Court.

These get my vote. :)

superman1
10-13-2007, 01:33 AM
Abbey Road would be awesome.

I like Agassi Court. Or how about just...Tennis Court?

Deuce
10-13-2007, 01:33 AM
Clay Court.

If you want it to actually mean something, rather than some trivial tennis related name, then...
Name it after a dead relative you admired. Doesn't even have to be a relative - maybe a dead community worker in your area...
Or find out about a kid in your area who died of leukemia or something, and name it after him or her.

Naming it after a tennis player is something a 14 year old would do.
If you have a chance to do this, then do it right.

pmata814
10-13-2007, 09:29 PM
Clay Court.

If you want it to actually mean something, rather than some trivial tennis related name, then...
Name it after a dead relative you admired. Doesn't even have to be a relative - maybe a dead community worker in your area...
Or find out about a kid in your area who died of leukemia or something, and name it after him or her.

Naming it after a tennis player is something a 14 year old would do.

This is a private subdivision. Only 3 houses will be on this street: Ours (my wife and I), My Parents, and my brother's. This is not really a "community" street.

Because it is private...the naming of the street is meant to be light-hearted and fun. I would feel like a hypocrite going around searching for someone who passed away so that I could name my private street after him/her without ever knowing anything about him/her. Besides I think they should be honored by naming something with a little more significance than our street.

Hot Sauce
10-13-2007, 09:41 PM
Center Court.

I was going to suggest this too. And Topspin Drive is pretty good.

pmata814
10-13-2007, 09:49 PM
I was going to suggest this too. And Topspin Drive is pretty good.

"topsin drive" would have been great but because of the way the street will be, the engineer said it has to be either "circle" or "court" in order for it to be approved by the county. And it also has to be a name that hasn't already been used... so that's the tricky part.

I've run into streets like "Ben Hogan" and "Tom Landry" in this town so maybe they've already used "Agassi" which is my first choice.

ananda
10-13-2007, 10:12 PM
no way i am living on Pure Drive, with Roddick next door

Dedans Penthouse
10-15-2007, 07:42 AM
Clay Court.

the engineer said it has to be either "circle" or "court"....

DEAD KID CIRCLE? Not cool. :cool:

Commando Tennis Shorts
10-15-2007, 09:13 AM
I vote for Margaret Court or Tennis Court, although I like the sound of Arthur Ashe Court

origmarm
10-15-2007, 09:23 AM
It has to be Centre Court really

rasajadad
10-15-2007, 11:44 AM
How about Noah Way?

VAmazona
10-16-2007, 01:36 AM
Peoples Ct.

PimpMyGame
10-16-2007, 02:05 AM

Agreed.

Heartache Avenue

(The Maisonettes, 1982. Go look it up if you don't know the song).

MIGHTY MANFRED THE WONDER
10-16-2007, 07:19 AM
There is a three street semi- circle complex
I live on Borg Ln
It has two connecting streets- Sampras St and McEnroe St
No kidding-
This is even cornier than the golfers naming everything in the middle of nowhere after Scottish places.

Don't do it.

diegaa
10-16-2007, 09:04 AM
How about Noah Way?

I like it.

Commando Tennis Shorts
10-16-2007, 08:21 PM
It has to be Centre Court really

ooh, i like this

rasajadad
10-17-2007, 09:44 AM
How about "Cross Court"?

Racketdesign
10-17-2007, 04:13 PM
Round circle
Advantage court (dont flame me for attempted promotion!)
County court
center circle

Teh_pwnerer
10-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Blake lake, lol all i gotta say

Teh_pwnerer
10-17-2007, 10:17 PM
no way i am living on Pure Drive, with Roddick next door

LMFAO LOL!

What about " The Ace road"

rasajadad
10-18-2007, 07:44 AM
Someone suggested Margaret Court, but how about Court Court?