PDA

View Full Version : ***HIGH END SYNTHETIC GUT and MULTIFILAMENT***PRICE DON'T MATTER!

Yonex.
10-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Hello guys, I am currently debating of what I should string my Two HEAD graphite edge racquets , I was thinking of Pro supex Maxim touch at 65, and the other a synthetic gut at 60 or something. I want power, and durability is not a problem (but without any tension loss). I used to use Full polyester string jobs but now that I switched to a 81 sq. inch frame, Im looking for more of a power string. Something that is close to natural gut and has good feel.

The point of this thread is to find the BEST Multifilament and the BEST Synthetic Gut, and price doesn't matter.

If your asking why don't I just get natural gut? Natural gut is probably to expensive for a full job, if you guys know a cheap natural gut hybrid, that would be great, I heard tonic is good.

I hope this threat helps others as it will help me. Thanks in advance!:grin:

scotus
10-11-2007, 08:25 PM
For an economic solution to a gut hybrid, I highly recommend Klip Legend 18 g and Iso-Speed Pro.

For non-gut, perhaps you would like x-1 biphase. Power is good, but it's much stiffer than gut.

nickb
10-12-2007, 07:18 AM
If you want power dont string those 81sqin frames at 65lbs....I would be using 50-54lbs.

X-One Biphase is a fantastic multi....loads of power, feel and spin.

Nick

jasonbourne
10-12-2007, 08:31 AM
Yonex, I used Maxim Touch 17g, 16g, and 15g on my rackets. MT is a low power multi.
The best multi I have used is Klipper Zyex. More power and overall better playability and tension maintenance compared to MT. Best syngut I've tried is Gosen OG Sheep Micro. However, I have not hybrid the two.

TennezSport
10-12-2007, 01:05 PM
If you want power dont string those 81sqin frames at 65lbs....I would be using 50-54lbs.

X-One Biphase is a fantastic multi....loads of power, feel and spin.

Nick

I agree with NickB as the Tecnifibre X-1 Biphase is the best multi I have ever played with. The closest to natural gut in feel, power, spin and tension loss. Oh and stringing down is the way to go for more power and spin.

TennezSport :cool:

gjoc
10-12-2007, 03:08 PM
I agree with NickB as the Tecnifibre X-1 Biphase is the best multi I have ever played with. The closest to natural gut in feel, power, spin and tension loss.

What are some of the others you’ve tried, or have you pretty much tried them all?

If not, what are some from your to-do list, that you have yet to try?

neverstopplaying
10-12-2007, 04:38 PM
From my experience, I haven't been able to match the power of gut with a multi.
Also gut will be more consistent without losing tension as a multi.
If you hybrid your gut with a cheap synthetic gut, I think you will reach your goal of power at a more reasonable cost than multi.

Personally I really enjoyed TF NRG-2, but hate when multis go dead. You might even want to try my preferred set-up (sig).

LES
10-12-2007, 05:42 PM
From my experience, I haven't been able to match the power of gut with a multi.
Also gut will be more consistent without losing tension as a multi.
If you hybrid your gut with a cheap synthetic gut, I think you will reach your goal of power at a more reasonable cost than multi.

Personally I really enjoyed TF NRG-2, but hate when multis go dead. You might even want to try my preferred set-up (sig).

I hear ya bro. If you like that gut feel, then at the same cost the gut hybrid is better than full multi.

LPShanet
10-14-2007, 10:26 AM
Hello guys, I am currently debating of what I should string my Two HEAD graphite edge racquets , I was thinking of Pro supex Maxim touch at 65, and the other a synthetic gut at 60 or something. I want power, and durability is not a problem (but without any tension loss). I used to use Full polyester string jobs but now that I switched to a 81 sq. inch frame, Im looking for more of a power string. Something that is close to natural gut and has good feel.

The point of this thread is to find the BEST Multifilament and the BEST Synthetic Gut, and price doesn't matter.

If your asking why don't I just get natural gut? Natural gut is probably to expensive for a full job, if you guys know a cheap natural gut hybrid, that would be great, I heard tonic is good.

I hope this threat helps others as it will help me. Thanks in advance!:grin:

To answer your question directly, I like the Gamma Live Wire, Wilson NXT and Tecnifibre NRG synthetics best of the multis out there. However, a couple of points already made in this string should be taken to heart: First of all, you should definitely try lowering your tension, and secondly, you'll find that a gut hybrid will play more like natural gut than any synthetic at a comparable price.

TennezSport
10-15-2007, 05:30 AM
What are some of the others you’ve tried, or have you pretty much tried them all?

If not, what are some from your to-do list, that you have yet to try?

Since I manage a small racquet service center, I get the opportunity to try a lot of strings. Over the years I have played with all of the Wilson, Head, Tecnifibre, Pro Supex, Gamma and Prince multis and of the bunch I like the X-1 BiPhase best. For me, X-1 has the best of all worlds in feel, power, control and tension stability of all the multis. However, I still use gut in my frames (mains) and poly in the cross, but a complete string job with X-1 is great too.

As far as a to do list, when they come out with somthing new, I will probably try it.

TennezSport :cool:

shojun25
10-15-2007, 05:57 AM
Agreed with the X-1 biphase too. You can also try NXT Tour - it is similar to X1 biphase.

For a syn gut, you can't go wrong with Prince Original Syn Gut.

ssjkyle31
10-15-2007, 06:10 AM
If price really doesnot matter than NXT Tour,Live Wire Professional or even Kgut will be your best option. At close to $20.00, you can add a few bucks and get the real stuff, BDE Ralley or Klip Legend.

10-16-2007, 05:07 AM
LaserFibre Supernatural Pro Stock
NRG
TF515

GoochMoney
10-17-2007, 12:00 PM
I traded for some Gosen SuperTecGut and AK Speed on the sting trade board and was impressed. They make a a lot of syn guts and have a strong price to benefit ratio, so even their higher end strings are reasonable with very solid playability. FYI - I used the 16G version and strung an old 90" stick at 55#. Soft, crisp, and able to get nice pace/spin on the ball.

Fedace
10-17-2007, 12:09 PM
which is better ? X-1 biphase or K-gut pro ?

todot62
10-17-2007, 08:06 PM
LaserFibre Supernatural Pro Stock
NRG
TF515

Nobody talks about this string much but it is amazing, and expensive. If you have ever played with this string you will agree that it is one of the best feeling strings out there. However, I agree with most, once you get past that $20 mark, you might as well go to a gut hybrid, or hell, if your stringing yourself, put in a full set of klip, or tonic for $25 a stick!

Tod

downdaline
10-17-2007, 09:22 PM

In my opinion, X1 Biphase. Without a doubt.

It's got better durability, more power, better feel, equal-to-slightly-better tension maintenance, and they cost almost the same when i buy them.

To me the K-Gut Pro is just NXT with a [K].

tntmail
10-18-2007, 08:15 AM

I have 2 NTour Twos

One with new KGut 16

One with new Alu on the mains and NRG on the crosses

Both are fresh string jobs. I am ready to cut out the KGut. The other job recommended by the stringer blows it away so far.

Kcraig
10-19-2007, 04:10 PM
Yonex, I used Maxim Touch 17g, 16g, and 15g on my rackets. MT is a low power multi.
The best multi I have used is Klipper Zyex. More power and overall better playability and tension maintenance compared to MT. Best syngut I've tried is Gosen OG Sheep Micro. However, I have not hybrid the two.

JBourne--what gauge are you currently playing in the MT and @ what tension?

bagung
10-19-2007, 04:34 PM
natural gut main/ iso-speed hybrid (MOJO's set up) is one of the best i had tried....
as a multi, yonex 850 pro feel and excellerator

jasonbourne
10-19-2007, 06:28 PM
JBourne--what gauge are you currently playing in the MT and @ what tension?

Kcraig,
K90 has 15g @ 54lbs.
n90 has 16g @ 53lbs.

Kcraig
10-19-2007, 06:35 PM
Kcraig,
K90 has 15g @ 54lbs.
n90 has 16g @ 53lbs.

Which do you prefer more--15 or 16. Also, why such a low tension?

jasonbourne
10-19-2007, 07:05 PM
Which do you prefer more--15 or 16. Also, why such a low tension?

I prefer 15g over 16g in the K90 and prefer 17g over 16g in n90.
I experience more control with spin and power at lower tensions on both rackets. There is extra "dwell" time available I can use to my advantage at these tensions. There is enough power when I am defending and off balance running corner to corner, and a lot of control when I am on the offense. Overall, I can play more aggressively and with confidence due to the enhanced control.

Yonex.
10-28-2007, 08:26 PM
http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/61/37/23303761.jpg

Fedace
10-28-2007, 08:33 PM
In my opinion, X1 Biphase. Without a doubt.

It's got better durability, more power, better feel, equal-to-slightly-better tension maintenance, and they cost almost the same when i buy them.

To me the K-Gut Pro is just NXT with a [K].

K-gut pro is very expensive, $24, almost as much as real natural gut. so i thought it was the best synthetice ever made by wilson. ?? X-1 biphase is only $16, much cheaper than K-gut pro. I have tried X-1 biphase 17gauge and really do like it already. but have a fresh set of K-gut pro that has not been opened yet. and have not tried it yet. Should i just return the K-gut pro to Tennis warehouse and get more X-1 biphase ???:confused:

tntmail
10-29-2007, 04:44 AM
K-gut pro is very expensive, $24, almost as much as real natural gut. so i thought it was the best synthetice ever made by wilson. ?? X-1 biphase is only $16, much cheaper than K-gut pro. I have tried X-1 biphase 17gauge and really do like it already. but have a fresh set of K-gut pro that has not been opened yet. and have not tried it yet. Should i just return the K-gut pro to Tennis warehouse and get more X-1 biphase ???:confused:

I had kGut cut out of my racquet in a week. Just not much there for me, not sure for others.