PDA

View Full Version : Hyper Hammer 5.3 and customization

awsskater
03-18-2004, 04:10 PM
On racquetresearch.com they added a good amount of lead to a hammer 6.2 in the handle and they say it helped with making the racquet better in about everyway. DO you think adding weight t my brothers 5.3 MP will help to make it a better racquet, and not to mention more arm friendly (he has some elbow problems). He is a varisty player and is just about 17 and stopped using the i.radical OS because it cuased him too much pain.

TripleThreatPlayer
03-18-2004, 04:30 PM
I'm currently using a Hammer 5.3 MP, and I am surprised that the hammer hasn't given him as much arm pain as the I.Radical. The I.Radical is suppose to be MUCH more freindler on the arm. HH 5.3 recieved one of the worst ratings in TE because it's so stiff. I highly suggest switching. Not sure about the led, by adding weight to the end will only change the static weight and balance point...

awsskater
03-18-2004, 04:35 PM
yeah he doesn't get pain like he did with the radical, but he still gets some pain and it still bothers him. Would him using my pure controls help? Then I would jsut use his i.radical OS

David Pavlich
03-18-2004, 05:20 PM
The best way to treat any Hammer is to add weight to the handle to get the balance at least even. Not only do you add weight, which is a good thing, you make the racquet more manueverable.

David

awsskater
03-20-2004, 05:19 AM
Alright thanks for the help but now that I think about it, I don't think its gonna help his elbow that much. He is gonna try to use my pure controls which I got in the spring and if he likes them I will use his i.radicals or get a pair that doesn't cost alot like the slazenger pro braided or something. Oh does anyone know if the ti.classic is similar to the babolat pc?

awsskater
03-20-2004, 03:52 PM
Yeah my bro doesn't like my pure control. His arm did not hurt today when he played, and he says the pure control is more powerful then his wilson for him, and i gues this thread is pointless now. But thanks for your help.

Robert Jones
04-02-2004, 04:20 PM
The 5.3 is super light. Add like 16g to the head 3-9 and enough in the
handle to make it like 5 pts head light. It will be more arm friendly.