PDA

View Full Version : wilson enduro strings

polakosaur
03-18-2004, 04:30 PM
i usually use wilson nxt tour 17g but it has poor tension maintenance and durability, so i decided to try wilson enduro tour and wilson enduro mono, how well do these strings maintain tension, i plan to string at 60-62+ pounds

David Pavlich
03-18-2004, 05:40 PM
Polys have a notorious reputation for a substantial tension loss right out of the stringer. If your looking for high tension maintenance, poly isn't the way to go.

Going from NXT to Enduro is a real leap, also. NXT is one of the softest synthetics out there. Enduro has all of the softness of an oak 2X4.

Natural gut is the best at holding tension. Xcell does well as does Gamma Professional. Some of the posters here say that a couple of the Laserfibre strings do well, but I'm not familiar with them.

David

tarheelbornjohn
03-19-2004, 07:43 AM
I hear that polys lose tension, but I have not found that to be true for the Lux ALU or BB Ace. I have not tried other polys so I can not speak for them. I check my string tension with a string meter fairly regularly.

Gaines Hillix
03-19-2004, 08:22 AM
Laserfibre Phenom XRC has excellent tension holding ability and has the same stiffnees rating as NXT Tour 17g. It's also more durable.

polakosaur
03-19-2004, 09:50 AM
does the stringmeter do a good job of checking tension

polakosaur
03-19-2004, 10:25 AM
so what is you suggestion on what i should string the enduro tour and mono 17g on my tour 90 so that i maintain a high tension of 60-62+ pounds

David Pavlich
03-19-2004, 07:13 PM
Prestretching helps some. Tie off one end, uncoil it carefully, get all of the twist out of it and grab the tag end with a starting clamp or some other instrument that won't allow the string to slip. Really lean into it and you will feel it come to the end of what little stretch there is. Hold it for at least 20 seconds.

That will remove the coil memory and help a bit with the tension creep.

David

polakosaur
03-21-2004, 02:45 PM
bump