PDA

View Full Version : Poly w/ Good Spin & Low Power

tbini87
10-12-2007, 09:33 PM
looking for a poly with lots of spin and not much power. i am guessing there are lots out there, but would like to hear some suggestions. the cheaper the better, and durability and tension maintanence are not all too important because i string for myself. i have tried Gosen Polylon Ice and Poly Polar, and will be trying tecnifibre Spinfire soon. any suggestions are welcome. thanks.

shojun25
10-12-2007, 09:40 PM
Technifibre Pro Red Code
Signum Pro Poly Plasma
Kirshbaum Competition
Babolat Pro Hurricane

PROTENNIS63
10-13-2007, 04:12 AM
Pro Supex Blue Gear
Topspin Cyber Flash

tbini87
10-13-2007, 09:22 AM
i am leaning towards CyberFlash and Pro Supex Big Ace. they are both reasonably priced and seem to be quality strings. are these strings soft enough to do a full poly job with? i might just cross them with og micro to save some money anyways...

Midlife crisis
10-13-2007, 07:44 PM
Kirschbaum P2. It's a stiffer, low powered poly that plays really consistently and has low tension loss. It's good for about 40 hours of play for me and I'm a pretty hard hitter.

tbini87
10-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Kirschbaum P2. It's a stiffer, low powered poly that plays really consistently and has low tension loss. It's good for about 40 hours of play for me and I'm a pretty hard hitter.

sounds like it has the characteristics i want. will have to look into it. do you use a full job or hybrid? i was thinking about finding something soft enough for a full job for less power and extra spin, but could also go for a hybrid.

Midlife crisis
10-13-2007, 09:11 PM
sounds like it has the characteristics i want. will have to look into it. do you use a full job or hybrid? i was thinking about finding something soft enough for a full job for less power and extra spin, but could also go for a hybrid.

Tennis Warehouse asked me to test the P2 a while back. Here's what I wrote:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/playtests/MIDLIFE01.html

I don't know if I wrote it in the article, but I always use full poly stringjobs.

Techniques
10-13-2007, 09:18 PM
SPPP definately. Generatesly a heap of spin and gives so much control. A low powered string though.

LPShanet
10-14-2007, 10:12 AM
looking for a poly with lots of spin and not much power. i am guessing there are lots out there, but would like to hear some suggestions. the cheaper the better, and durability and tension maintanence are not all too important because i string for myself. i have tried Gosen Polylon Ice and Poly Polar, and will be trying tecnifibre Spinfire soon. any suggestions are welcome. thanks.

Although technically not a polyester, the Luxilon "rough" strings are definitely worth a try...they play very well, and have great bite for spin.

tbini87
10-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Tennis Warehouse asked me to test the P2 a while back. Here's what I wrote:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/playtests/MIDLIFE01.html

I don't know if I wrote it in the article, but I always use full poly stringjobs.

good article, thanks for the help!

julianoz
10-21-2007, 06:12 AM
i am leaning towards CyberFlash and Pro Supex Big Ace. they are both reasonably priced and seem to be quality strings. are these strings soft enough to do a full poly job with? i might just cross them with og micro to save some money anyways...

Didnt you say "low power" ????? YOu just picked the 2 most powerful strings you can find

jasoncho92
10-21-2007, 06:23 AM
Although technically not a polyester, the Luxilon "rough" strings are definitely worth a try...they play very well, and have great bite for spin.
Rough does nothing for ball spin, all it does it just grind into the cross