PDA

View Full Version : Williams sisters McDonalds Tour

chrisab508
11-12-2004, 07:43 PM
I just found out that the Williams sisters are coming to chicago for an exibitoin match between the two next week. Naturally i bought tickets once i heard. I am so excited, I've never been to any pro tennis event, sadly it is only the williams sisters, but ill take anything i can get really, I've never seen live pro tennis. Anyone else live in the chicago area that has heard of/is going to this?

just thought i'd throw this out there.

Chris.

joe sch
11-12-2004, 10:01 PM
Since they never quite took over the womans tour they finally decided to start thier own but the really ironic part of this is that they did not want to play each other before or would have the outcomes arranged by daddy. Sorry, I would not buy a ticket or watch it :!:

Max G.
11-12-2004, 11:02 PM
On the contrary, I think you'll see some good tennis. They'll be playing with no pressure, and they've groooved their games against each other - this could be one of the better exhibitions. It's still only an exhibition, but could be entertaining.

Ronaldo
11-13-2004, 04:58 AM
In "Detroit", at the Palace of Auburn Hills, 30 miles away, home of your World Champions, The DEETROIT PISTONS, Thursday November 18th at 7:30. Tickets start at $15.00. Here's hoping that Venus and Serena come out in hoodies, under which they both are wearing Ben Wallace fros. FEAR THE FRO

davey25
11-13-2004, 06:27 AM
People say they dont play as well against each other but I believe from 2001-2003 they did. They still had as many or more errors than winners, but they do against other top players too, and at the time they were the two hardest to hit winners against.
It was hype that they did not play as well against each other and unfair to them.

joe sch
11-13-2004, 11:49 AM
Fine if you want to support the Williams sister private tour. Top players have always made some nice money on exhibitions. Too bad neither of them wanted to play Johnny Mac for some really big $$$ ! Why risk stature and more history when they can get that easy money playing each other. You think they will have a pretty good series going on, I sorta do :wink:

david aames
11-13-2004, 08:43 PM
I believe it's for charity. Mc Donald's foundation...

joe sch
11-14-2004, 12:41 PM
If the Williams sisters are playing for charity then congrats to them. They are setting a great example and deserve alot of credit. They do put on a pretty good show :!: