PDA

View Full Version : Best Cross for Cyber Power Hybrid?

willroc7
10-13-2007, 03:10 PM
I want to try a hybrid with topspin cyber power in the mains and a soft multi filament in the crosses to soften the string bed up a bit, as I experience some tennis elbow. I was thinking about X-one biphase or babolat xcel premium but I feel like I might be wasting money by putting such a high end multi in a cross. What do you guys recommend?

nickb
10-13-2007, 03:15 PM
X-One Biphase is the best multi ive used hands down...fantastic in hybrids and on its own. Gosen OG Micro 17g also works well in hybrids and should soften up the stringbed well....fantastic value for money.

I would reccomend trying Gosen Micro 17 in the crosses first and see how that works out...if that does not work try the X-One.

If you have tennis elbow poly is not the best thing to be using..

Nick

abenguyen
10-13-2007, 03:27 PM
i had head fxp 17 and its pretty good

Gmedlo
10-13-2007, 03:38 PM
X-One Biphase is the best multi ive used hands down...fantastic in hybrids and on its own. Gosen OG Micro 17g also works well in hybrids and should soften up the stringbed well....fantastic value for money.

I would reccomend trying Gosen Micro 17 in the crosses first and see how that works out...if that does not work try the X-One.

If you have tennis elbow poly is not the best thing to be using..

Nick
Another vote for OG micro. It actually isn't that much stiffer than most multis; the main difference is the lower power. Nice and cheap too.

Lloyd Barcenilla
10-13-2007, 04:15 PM
Cyber power is quite soft anyway, maybe you should try it full

tbini87
10-13-2007, 07:34 PM

prob not a good idea since he has elbow problems. i would go with og micro because it is so price effecient. but if you can afford a high end multi, that will definately do the job too.

todot62
10-13-2007, 07:45 PM

I agree! I have been using CP for the last couple of weeks in my DNX 8, 16X18 at 54#, and it feels fantastic. I can be prone to having some elbow and shoulder pain if I'm not careful and I was using a gut/Timo hybrid before. My elbow and shoulder feel just the same as ever, no worse. I've also used Big Ace Micro, Pro Line II and CyberFlash. The only string that is a close second is the Pro Line II but I still like the CP much better. I have also strung my "experimental" racquet with it (Tecnifibre Tfeel 290XL 14X16, 58#) and the CP is a bit too powerful for this racquet. I think a hybrid of CP/CF would work well in more of a power racquet.

BTW: I have about 8 hours on the CP and it still feels good.

Tod