PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid on K90

uni
10-13-2007, 05:04 PM
I have 5 k90's each strung with natural gut in the mains(55-60lbs) and alu power rough for the crosses(47-52lbs)

I am a bit iffy with this set up and my coach recommended using the pro hurricane as crosses. I wanted to know what the difference of using pro hurrican instead of alu power rough would be. I string my own rackets so price does not matter, and i am looking for good control and feel.

Also, what would be the difference between the pro hurricane and pro hurricane tour??

Thanks

bagung
10-13-2007, 05:18 PM
my partner has 8 k-90's, all with gut main , 3 with alu power rgh in cross, 2 with iso-speed pro in cross, 2 with enduro , and 1 with pro hurricane.
among those , he like the power rgh the best...
hurricane and enduro is too stiff and hurt his elbow, and found the iso is not stiff enogh ....

Bottle Rocket
10-13-2007, 08:47 PM
You gave tension ranges for each string, but what tensions go with what? You string the mains at 55 and the crosses at 47?

If you have a tension difference between the mains and crosses as high as 8 lbs, you're going to get some interesting playing characteristics, especially after you get a little bit of time on it.

Either way, do you like your current setup? If you like it, who cares what your coach says?

gerikoh
10-13-2007, 09:22 PM
they're both spin friendly. i guess hurricane is less expensive. but of all my hybrid strings, i found the set-up wilson champion's choice (natural gut/alu power rough) combo to be the best of all control and feel. but having the natural gut is kinda expensive for me so i went for the monotec supersense as a more practical substitute. anyway, i couldn't think of any string that's better than the alu power rough except the bb timo.