PDA

View Full Version : why the thread is close...?

bagung
10-13-2007, 06:25 PM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=161359
what makes it close....?

Deuce
10-14-2007, 01:16 AM
Good question.

If threads are going to be closed like this without any apparent reason, then the person doing the closing should both identify himself and state the reason for the closure.

slice bh compliment
10-14-2007, 02:22 AM
Yeah. But that would be an administrative nightmare. What a crappy job....to try to run a message board.

Maybe they could do that for anyone who asked/complained about a closure. That might be a nice touch.

keithchircop
10-14-2007, 03:08 AM
You get what you pay for.

gjoc
10-14-2007, 04:03 AM
why the thread is close...?
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=161359
what makes it close....?

The forum moderators will often close/lock a thread when/if they notice it degenerating into just a lot of off-topic personal attacks.

Typically they’ll delete the posts that were problematic, then lock the thread to preclude a recurrence.

When that happens, it’s not obvious why, because you can no longer see what was deleted.

Unfortunately, I see that one of the posters in that particular thread has been getting dogged by a pack of trolls, so I would suspect it was something related to that...

bagung
10-14-2007, 04:07 AM
just couldn't understand

TW Staff
10-14-2007, 09:39 AM
The forum moderators will often close/lock a thread when/if they notice it degenerating into just a lot of off-topic personal attacks.

Typically they’ll delete the posts that were problematic, then lock the thread to preclude a recurrence.

When that happens, it’s not obvious why, because you can no longer see what was deleted.

lengboy
10-14-2007, 09:43 PM
Hi, Bagung. I have a question but unrelated to this thread. Do you have to pay import duty when purchasing stuffs from TW to Indonesia? What shipping option do you normally select? Thanks.

bagung
10-15-2007, 02:30 AM
Hi, Bagung. I have a question but unrelated to this thread. Do you have to pay import duty when purchasing stuffs from TW to Indonesia? What shipping option do you normally select? Thanks.

yes... you have to....
normally, arround 20 % import tax.....
the better way is by express mail....
sometimes when you are lucky, they don't charge it...or negotiable....:smile:
hope this help

lengboy
10-15-2007, 02:51 AM
Thanks. Are you in Jakarta? My wife have relatives in Indonesia and I will be visiting Jakarta early next month.