PDA

View Full Version : Was it the circumstance or was it me?

Teh_pwnerer
10-13-2007, 06:28 PM
Ok, just got back from playing against my dad, once again got pwned, 6-1 7-5 6-1.
But im not sure if it was completely me, since my k95's strings broke, i borrowed my cousins N95, but it was 18x20 and had only 2 overgrips with no stock grip under it, and the grip was pretty worn out, the tension was easily over the 60s and im used to my 57, soon to be 55 poly.
So i take it for the first hit, had the dampener, felt like a board, took it off, hit again and i could barely feel the ball, ok thats my only option so i gotta take it, i dont know if it was because of the high tension, i couldnt get th eball past the service line, unles i took a big *** swing..

My k 95 is strung at 57lbs with a 4 1/2 grip...
I know they are basically the same but did it affect my game in any way? with the k95 i was hitting like i always do, deep and spinny, with this one short and ultraspinny..

Commando Tennis Shorts
10-13-2007, 06:54 PM
I think you've answered your own question

Teh_pwnerer
10-13-2007, 07:03 PM
But since they are pretty much the same i just wanna make sure it wasnt my game..

Commando Tennis Shorts
10-13-2007, 07:17 PM
probably a bit of both. the racquet setup probably felt unfamiliar to you in comparison with your k95. not only did that mess with your performance, it was probably psychologically distracting

Teh_pwnerer
10-13-2007, 07:26 PM
Right on target!, it was now that i remember i jsut kept thinking, damn i cant do good with this racquet and i didint focus on my game.. Thx for ur replies commando

Rui
10-13-2007, 08:33 PM
An unfamiliar racket feel will have its consequences. Of course, it sounds like you don't beat your dad anyway. So, I wouldn't blame the feel of your racket for your defeat.

If you keep playing, you'll keep improving. Your dad won't improve as fast.

Teh_pwnerer
10-13-2007, 08:40 PM
I could easily beat him, its all mental, im not patient enough, i was beating him 4-0 and he came back to pwn me in a tiebreak..