PDA

View Full Version : best string for me

topspinlobber1234
10-13-2007, 06:50 PM
I want to find the best strings for my game. Could you please help me choose which strings are good for my game?

I'm an allcourt player. 2hbh is pretty flat, consistent. Forehand is semi spinny, but I love to flatten out every once in a while. First serve is flat or slice, second is kick. Generally, I would use poly mains with gut crosses, since I hit pretty hard from the baseline, but the poly doesn't have much feel. Pricewise, I have no limits. I'd rather have a string that breaks before it goes dead than one that is dead for hours before I have to cut it out. Please help me find the best string for my game.

shojun25
10-13-2007, 06:55 PM
You might want to try Pro Supex Big Ace. I read good reviews about the string, plus it fits into your playing style. You can also try Kirshbaum Competition or Technifibre Pro Red Code as a hybrid if you do not feel comfortable with that harsh poly feel - these strings have good feel, and they might help you acquire more spin in your shots.

LPShanet
10-14-2007, 10:15 AM
I want to find the best strings for my game. Could you please help me choose which strings are good for my game?

I'm an allcourt player. 2hbh is pretty flat, consistent. Forehand is semi spinny, but I love to flatten out every once in a while. First serve is flat or slice, second is kick. Generally, I would use poly mains with gut crosses, since I hit pretty hard from the baseline, but the poly doesn't have much feel. Pricewise, I have no limits. I'd rather have a string that breaks before it goes dead than one that is dead for hours before I have to cut it out. Please help me find the best string for my game.

Have you tried the reverse hybrid? (Gut in the mains and poly in the crosses.) It won't last as long as the poly mains, but it plays way better in terms of touch and feel. And as a bonus, it lasts longer than full gut due to the lower abrasion. Try a good (not bargain) gut, preferably VS, with a poly or similar cross (I like Luxilon Fluoro).