PDA

View Full Version : what is the lowest powered string with the most resilience?

framebreaker
10-14-2007, 04:54 AM
are there any low powered strings that are very resilient (preferably polyester)? i don't think that aramid (or kevlar) generate as much spin as polyester. kevlar doesn't move and snap back fast enough to create the spin that poly creates. not sure though

LPShanet
10-14-2007, 09:58 AM
are there any low powered strings that are very resilient (preferably polyester)? i don't think that aramid (or kevlar) generate as much spin as polyester. kevlar doesn't move and snap back fast enough to create the spin that poly creates. not sure though

To some extent, those factors work against each other, as greatly increased resilience would, in many cases, result in greater power. None of the strings you mentioned (aramid/kevlar, polyester) have much resiliency compared to standard synthetic guts or natural gut. You're correct in that polys have a bit more resilience (and spin and power) than aramids. If you're looking for a slightly "softer" poly, I'd suggest taking a look at the new "Fluo" from Luxilon (which is in the category, though not technically a polyester) or at Touch Turbo from Kirschbaum. Both of those are relatively soft polys, and play pretty nicely.

haerdalis
10-14-2007, 12:30 PM
Or if you want low power and high spin, try kevlar mains and poly crosses.

morten
10-15-2007, 12:44 AM
iso speed...

rlee7777
10-15-2007, 01:26 AM
Try Head RIP Control (multi) or Pro Supex Premier Ace (poly)

Ripper
10-15-2007, 05:23 AM
Top Spin Poly Polar is what you need. Seriously. Specially, when it has some hours on it. After it's been used for a couple of hours, Poly Polar feels like it's ability to snap back in to position slows down, while maintaining it's stretchiness, giving you very low power. That's one of the things I like about this string. It provides you with both: comfort and control. Eventhough it does get to a point where the power just gets too low for my taste. My experience, at least.

Doc Hollidae
10-15-2007, 03:53 PM

Kevlar bites the ball much more than your standard poly (CF, Big Ace, SPPP). My racket with kevlar mains and poly crosses has much better access to spin than my racket with all Big Ace. Blue gear provided similar spin to kevlar, but with much more spring to it.

Burt Turkoglu
10-15-2007, 03:56 PM

kevlar is resilient and soft if strung low and with a soft multi or gut cross....lots of spin....easy on the arm....

framebreaker
10-20-2007, 10:11 AM
thanks for the replies.
i will try out some of the strings you guys recommended.
i thought about kevlar/poly mix but was not sure whether i would get as much spin as with full poly job.
but why string the crosses with poly and mains with kevlar? why not the other way around?
thanks

tbini87
10-20-2007, 10:34 AM
thanks for the replies.
i will try out some of the strings you guys recommended.
i thought about kevlar/poly mix but was not sure whether i would get as much spin as with full poly job.
but why string the crosses with poly and mains with kevlar? why not the other way around?
thanks

kevlar is so stiff and durable it only really makes sense to put them in the mains...