PDA

View Full Version : ISOSPEED Baseline Spin String...what is it similar to?

knasty131
10-14-2007, 06:50 AM
I have never heard of this string before and a 660ft. reel for $39.99??? Sounds like a good deal, I would try to buy a set but TW doesnt offer it.

Has anyone tried it out?

Any input is appreciated.

-Kevin

TW Staff
10-14-2007, 04:11 PM
We have this string in stock. Please call to order and inform the service rep on the phone that the product is invisible.

It will be visible on the site later this week.

Chris, TW

armand
10-14-2007, 04:13 PM
We have this string in stock. Please call to order and inform the service rep on the phone that the product is invisible.

Chris, TWSlow down! He was talking theoretically, he's not ready for a mortgage...yet.

tbini87
10-14-2007, 04:32 PM

Chris, TW

cool, i was thinking the same thing. how much does a single set cost?

jasoncho92
10-14-2007, 07:00 PM
Im not feeling the sarcasm here if there is any. http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACISO-BASESPIN.html

knasty131
10-14-2007, 10:00 PM
I believe he meant that there are sets for sale...and for now they are invisible...but if we wish, we can call and order single sets that way

tbini87
10-14-2007, 10:48 PM
Im not feeling the sarcasm here if there is any. http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACISO-BASESPIN.html

??? he doesn't want the reel, he just wants a set to check out what it plays like and whether or not he would buy a reel.

TW Staff
10-15-2007, 05:28 PM
I'm sorry. My mistake, we only have reels of this poly, not sets.

I've hit with it and liked it very much. I was very impressed with the feel and the tension holding. I would rate it middle of the road on a firmness scale - not ultra soft nor extremely stiff for a poly. I was able to find lots of spin and found it very control oriented.

I strung it @ 62lbs in a PDR weighted to 12.6oz.

As a side note, I really like the black color. Been waiting for a black poly to come along and enjoyed hitting this one.

Chris, TW.

ProStaff Legend
10-15-2007, 09:36 PM
finally a black poly. now my PS6.0 can be all black ahahha. will TW be getting any sets?

LafayetteHitter
10-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Here is a long shot but it is an idea. What about if TW made some 40 ft sets from the reels and just broke the price down at the cost it would be to divide it and just send it with a simple computer label on the bag? I think it would help to boost sales of the reels buy getting people to try it without having to commit to the reel. I think the 40.00 is a steal but if you buy it and don't care for it you have to try to find a bunch of guys you string racquets for to get rid of the extra. Sometimes TW comes through on stuff like this so I figured it was worth throwing the idea out there.

LafayetteHitter
10-16-2007, 10:10 AM
On a similar note, if you can't sell the string cut out of the reel, maybe you guys could do a postage only of a set to some of us regulars here, Mojo, surely would be good to send one to and then have us post comments here on the testing as well as the item feedback section.