PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone read the feedback on the Völkl DNX1 powerarm?

haerdalis
10-14-2007, 01:47 PM
Man I have to get me one of those. Can it really be that good? Is it possible to play full swings with a stick like that?
Ooops wrong forum. How do I move it?

NoBadMojo
10-14-2007, 05:02 PM
Man I have to get me one of those. Can it really be that good? Is it possible to play full swings with a stick like that?
Ooops wrong forum. How do I move it?

Zowie..lots of glowing comments. I have spent time playing this frame. It's a lot of fun to hit and quite a weapon in the right hands.

I would say this racquet is for weak females and old guys and also for advanced players who can take advantage of the weaponry. Crazy spin and all kinds of power which you can control. hits a really nasty ball and adding some weight to it would make it even more of a weapon..hit a little late with it with a fast swing and you've got a real launcher but it is so light there really isnt any reason to do that. it would also shred strings which arent poly in the hands of someone who can hit hard with spin

3.5-4.5 guys who can hit hard wouldnt be good enough to use a frame like this

haerdalis
10-14-2007, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the info. I couldnt resist the temptation so I am buying one just to see how it plays. I'll post a review once I have played a couple of times with it.

NoBadMojo
10-14-2007, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the info. I couldnt resist the temptation so I am buying one just to see how it plays. I'll post a review once I have played a couple of times with it.

sure....suggest you resist the urge to string it very tightly for control. give it a shot at a reasonable tension.....swing it fast and spin it.

if i were still playing tourney T I would experiment with this frame....wouldnt be beneath me to do so, but can you see some of the forum members swinging such a device?????? l)

samster
10-14-2007, 06:12 PM
NBMJ, I remember at one time you mentioned that you recommend the DNX V1 OS over the MP. Can you remind me why again?

NoBadMojo
10-14-2007, 06:45 PM
NBMJ, I remember at one time you mentioned that you recommend the DNX V1 OS over the MP. Can you remind me why again?

sure. as i recall, the dnxV1MP version fellt harsh in comparison and the sweetzone didnt feel as large as the reg V1 Classic. the OS version felt smoother and more solid to me, but is longer and obviously has a bigger headsize.

these days I would rate the BeckerV1MP at the top of the heap. It really is <IMO> the first really majour improvement over the original Vario V1. The 10 year edition, DNX, and Silver were just very minour updates and I liked the original V1 the best until the Becker V1. Have never hit the Becker v1 OS however. I also liked the CatV1 as it is very comfortable altho pretty anemic in the power department (some would like that). some people liked the Quantum v1 but cant say I ever liked any of the Quantum frames..hows that for more info than you wish to process? whirrrrrr......whirrrrrrrrrrrrrr ;)

haerdalis
10-14-2007, 11:47 PM
If it is half as good as the feedback says I'll probably change my signature again.

NoBadMojo
10-15-2007, 03:31 PM
If it is half as good as the feedback says I'll probably change my signature again.

i think i can promise you fun with this racquet....the spin is off the hook....but you're on your own with the Arm. ;O it really is an unusual design.