PDA

View Full Version : To cheap for full gut and want to go hybrid

Tennis79
10-14-2007, 02:20 PM
I need some string advice for my RDX 500 Mid (such a pretty racquet!IMO)

heres my background:

I have mainly used Babolat VS Touch 16g in my other rackets (Head LM Instinct and Head LM Prestige Midplus) and i have never broke the strings. They were always strung around 57-58lbs. I am happy with them but I am curious to try other strings(it's getting expensive). My LM Instinct is now strung with Gamma TNT 2 at 58lbs 17g. I am happy with it and power is there when I need. Or should I say, I can hit with power when I really want to. I am more concerned with playability, price and then durability. I do think that the Gamma TNT 2 has become a bit more stiff after playing with it for about 2 months but its holding up.

My game is an Eastern forehand counterpuncher with a 2hand backhand. I like to use the slice and work the short cross court angles and deep down the line. i guess it would be best be described similar to Anastasia Myskina. but i have added a more loopy forehand get more spin. 4.0 level play. I practice and play with 4.5 and 5.0 guys so my game is quickly improving.

I have also read that RDX500 Mid is a picky racquet when it comes to strings so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Steve Huff
10-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Try a hybrid of your natural gut with Head Fibergel Power or Alpha Prodigy. Both of these are good strings that will cut your cost way down.

Tennis79
10-15-2007, 01:54 PM
thanks for the reply steven.

i decided on using Vs Touch in the mains and FXP in the crosses.

NoBadMojo
10-15-2007, 02:14 PM
If money is a concern why dont you start by trying either Klip Legend or BDE Perf gut..you'll save 10bucks without the hybrid.
For a cross you could go OGSheep Micro if you like a springy stringbed or PSG Duraflex if you like more crisp.
I would say that would put you in the 15 dollar range for the string..about the price of a high end multi. i've used legend with both crosses and the setup performed quite well.
I wouldnt think that racquet wouldnt be so very string sensitive, but havent played it