PDA

View Full Version : Advice For End Of Season Gifts For Tennis Team

soggyramen
10-14-2007, 05:02 PM
Ok so recently i have aquired a donation of money for our tennis team this year and our coach said since all the other teams get fancy things like warm ups, jackets, and custom shoes, that we should get something nice for the team at the end of the season...either it being one item per person or a sort of gift basket filled with things geared towards tennis.

what do you think i should do (limit is $200)

abenguyen
10-14-2007, 05:07 PM
$200 for the whole team? depends on how many are on the team. you could get something like overgrips or strings. shoes cost too much per person and apparel is too much for the budget you have probably

soggyramen
10-14-2007, 05:19 PM
$200 for the whole team? depends on how many are on the team. you could get something like overgrips or strings. shoes cost too much per person and apparel is too much for the budget you have probably

oh no sorry my mistake i meant to put $200 per person and we have about 10 guys this season

Zets147
10-14-2007, 05:53 PM
$200 per person!? nice.
Buy everyone a K90

soggyramen
10-14-2007, 05:55 PM
$200 per person!? nice.
Buy everyone a K90

ha i think they'd all kill me most on the team played with court 3's k90 and most of us couldn't handle it

str33t
10-14-2007, 06:39 PM
$200 per person?!?! Lucky you.

soggyramen
10-14-2007, 06:55 PM
$200 per person?!?! Lucky you.

can you guys give me ideas instead of comments...there was a reason i posted this.

Lakoste
10-14-2007, 07:12 PM
Get each kid a hooker, although for $200 don't expect much:lol:

cujays
10-14-2007, 07:26 PM
you could get the team team shirts
or let the person pick out what they want
of course it would half to be tennis related

Pr0DiGy
10-14-2007, 07:29 PM
Not really being helpful, sorry, but damn Lakoste, funniest post I've read in a while. Great stuff.

Anyways, if you were getting beginning of the season, I'd have a great suggestion...

goober
10-14-2007, 07:45 PM
-$200 TW gift certificate :)

-Fancy dinner for team and families.

-Varsity type jackets with your school/team/names or some combination thereof.

-

Shashwat
10-14-2007, 07:52 PM
-$200 TW gift certificate :)

-Fancy dinner for team and families.

-Varsity type jackets with your school/team/names or some combination thereof.

-

I was about to say this. If i got $200 as a gift from the team, i would want that stuff. Except for the varsity jackets cause the varsity should get them for free...you are being lettered.

TENNIS_IS_FUN
10-14-2007, 07:53 PM
As a highschool varsity player, if the coach said each of us would have 200$ i would want (in order)

1.) cash
2.) A raquet
3.) A string machine.

clothing apparel is good, but it seems so bland buying clothes :/ And if you're school is anything like mine, don't expect your students to wear the tennis apparel you buy them outside of the courts...my school colors are gold/green :(

Kaptain Karl
10-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Wow! $200 per player???

I'd buy each player a 2nd (or 3rd) racket for their quiver.

- KK

Fee
10-14-2007, 08:02 PM
If I got a $200 TW gift card for playing tennis, I might actually sign up for league one of these days. I'd go with that idea (and you might not ever have a post deleted if you gave them $2000.00 worth of business). Unless you know exactly what kind of racquet everyone wants, the gift card is a much better idea.

goober
10-14-2007, 08:21 PM
I was about to say this. If i got $200 as a gift from the team, i would want that stuff. Except for the varsity jackets cause the varsity should get them for free...you are being lettered.

When we got lettered in my high school you had to pay for the jackets. Getting a varsity letter was not that difficult at my school. You just had to play varsity on a team. The jackets were leather and fairly expensive. I decided not to buy one because basically only the football players ever wore them to school. People pretty much made fun of you if wore one and if you were a track runner, swimmer or some other non-major sport.

But in any case I was thinking more of nice leather team jackets. I would rather have a $200 gift certificate though it were me.

abenguyen
10-14-2007, 08:25 PM
ask around and see what each person wants. take a look at the whole list in general and make a decision. $200 a person is alot. $200 TW gift cards sound good

Gmedlo
10-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Buy everyone a Gamma X-2 or take all of the money and buy a "team" stringer, like a high end laserfibre or Alpha.

Edit: I guess the team stringer idea doesn't bode well for the seniors on the team :/

soggyramen
10-15-2007, 04:31 PM
well what we decided to do is that since our coach has the whole package deal for head that our head players would get a new racquet as well as a team jacket...other players would get a team jacket, and a new pair of shoes of their choice. we'd like to have the shoes personalized but i don't know who does that.

xtremerunnerars
10-15-2007, 07:38 PM
I would just take a vote honestly. Rather than let that large (to me) amount of money go to waste on unwanted gifts, let the players decide.

That being said, a $200 gift certificate would be pwnage.

TENNIS_IS_FUN
10-15-2007, 11:15 PM
well what we decided to do is that since our coach has the whole package deal for head that our head players would get a new racquet as well as a team jacket...other players would get a team jacket, and a new pair of shoes of their choice. we'd like to have the shoes personalized but i don't know who does that.

I would hate getting shoes if i knew that i had 200$ to spend...a raquet lasts much more longer than a pair of shoes, and is just....better?

Kaptain Karl
10-16-2007, 05:48 AM
If I got a $200 TW gift card for playing tennis, I might actually sign up for league one of these days. I'd go with that idea (and you might not ever have a post deleted if you gave them $2000.00 worth of business). Unless you know exactly what kind of racquet everyone wants, the gift card is a much better idea.

Best idea yet....

- KK