PDA

View Full Version : msv hex vs. blue gear

Drona
10-14-2007, 05:36 PM
Looking for feedback from those who've tried both strings.
On string forum dot net, there's a lot of positive feedback for msv hex. I've tried blue gear and liked it though the appeal of msv hex is the variety of guages and the other colors, plus the pricE!
BTW, I plan to use the strings as a hybrid w/ poly mains and something in the crosses to soften (prob. Gosen or Prosupex syn gut)
Thanks in advance.

Jasonzzz
10-14-2007, 08:12 PM
On string forum dot net, there's a lot of positive feedback for msv hex. I've tried blue gear and liked it though the appeal of msv hex is the variety of guages and the other colors, plus the pricE!
BTW, I plan to use the strings as a hybrid w/ poly mains and something in the crosses to soften (prob. Gosen or Prosupex syn gut)
Thanks in advance.

why not u buy a set and try it out yourself? MSV will not be the top string in stringforum for nothing. ;)

Drona
10-15-2007, 04:29 AM
why not u buy a set and try it out yourself? MSV will not be the top string in stringforum for nothing. ;)

Actually, I've heard the summer sale price is set to expire, so I was looking at a reel. Unfortunately in String forum the string they compare it most to is Signum (I think Hextreme) and I hated Signum anyway...

I've seen threads about both over here, but w/ the exception of a few proclamations from people who had not tried both strings, no real comparisons.
Have you tried both strings mate?

Field
10-16-2007, 01:35 AM
Thanks in advance.

Tried both strings and MSV Hex wins hands down IMHO.
A good syn gut to soften up the stringbed would be PS Spiral Flex 1,30. A nice blend of comfort and power.
Reviews can be found at s t r i n g f o r u m . n e t :)

Field

Paul Goldstein
10-16-2007, 02:20 AM
I recently played with the 1.10g hex and it was funny as i would hit a topspin shot and the ball would kick like a heavy kick serve. a few times the spin jumps over the frame of who i was hitting with. i would think about using a guage like this, but it only lasted me about 20 min

sik spin, just nasty, should almost be illegal

Drona
10-16-2007, 03:34 AM
Tried both strings and MSV Hex wins hands down IMHO.
A good syn gut to soften up the stringbed would be PS Spiral Flex 1,30. A nice blend of comfort and power.
Reviews can be found at s t r i n g f o r u m . n e t :)

Field

Thanks this was very helpful. I've looked through those reviews but wanted to hear from someone who had tried both strings. I actually just ordered a reel of msv hex (red 1.23) so I'll post my own thoughts about it later!

It's funny you mention PS SPiralFlex, I'm just trying that out as well.

Field
10-16-2007, 04:09 AM
I've looked through those reviews but wanted to hear from someone who had tried both strings.

Well I tried all 3 of them, take a closer look ;)

Field

Jasonzzz
10-16-2007, 05:22 AM
Actually, I've heard the summer sale price is set to expire, so I was looking at a reel. Unfortunately in String forum the string they compare it most to is Signum (I think Hextreme) and I hated Signum anyway...

I've seen threads about both over here, but w/ the exception of a few proclamations from people who had not tried both strings, no real comparisons.
Have you tried both strings mate?

i have a chance to play with both. BG was on my racket for abt a week, MSV for about 3 weeks.

I would say MSV is much "softer", i done a full poly set up. Spin wise i did not notice much different. but my kick serve do travel higher with MSV, some of my friends that was playing with me was like "jaw dropping" and seraching for answer.

Price wise i would suggest MSV, much cheaper. Try it mate, most of the people that have try them only have good stuff to said about it. :)

wmrhawk
10-16-2007, 02:18 PM
i tried both and opted for a reel of 1.10 msv. i thought they were pretty similar and i can't remember what i paid, but i think the reel of msv was pretty reasonable. it is (at 1.10) one of the poly strings that will break before the syn gut crosses. usually after 4-6 hours, but i notice the spin drops off a bit after an hour or two. so, it's nice to be able to keep the racquets strung with a fresh string job. i also use cyberflash, pro hurracane, and some pro supex polys. usually hybrid with gosen micro or prince syn gut.

jackson vile
10-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Which one did everyone find to be the lowest powered, I am wonder out of all the new copolys which one is the lowest powered?

PROTENNIS63
10-16-2007, 05:47 PM
I tried the MSV hex about two months ago and it just didn't make any good impressions. I have also played with Blue Gear but my string of choice remains Big Ace. If I had to choose between BG and MSV Hex, I think I will go with Blue Gear. I had more spin and superb kick serves. But it is a matter of personal preference. Like I said before, hex shaped strings are not for everyone so try them before you buy a whole reel.