PDA

View Full Version : Unfair Advantage !!!

IOP
11-13-2004, 03:20 PM
I feel that Sharapova is delibrately gruntly too loudly to obtain unfair advantage. Umpires, if you are empiring in Sharapova's matches, please enforce fairness on court, please penalize her everytime she grunts loudly.

I "dislike" players who abuse hoopholes in game rules to create unfair advantage.

Max G.
11-13-2004, 03:37 PM
How does her grunting give her an unfair advantage?

Steve Huff
11-13-2004, 04:34 PM
I don't think grunting is against the rules, but I can see where it gives an advantage. You can't hear how the ball is coming off the strings.

StupidCupid
11-13-2004, 07:37 PM
If I were the umpire, I wouldn't hesitate to give her warning, point panelty, and game penalty. Her grunting sounds ridiculously loud on TV already, I cannot imagine hearing her grunts live.

Agassi made a comment about Sampras' tongue several years ago. He said that someone should invent a device to keep his tongue inside his mouth. After that comment, Sampras actually broke that habit.

Now, I'd say something similar, someone should invent an instrument to keep Sharapova's mouth shut during tournaments. If thats not possible, give her a mask to wear. One that will contain the sound waves she will create before they get diffused into the air.

Zverev
11-13-2004, 07:56 PM
They say she has always been like that, from younger years.
And she has tuned it down considerably.

It might be annoying to some players, especially if they are losing and she's winning. There are a lot of black envy of her success also.

She should be prepared to all sorts of attacks now.

Kalin
11-13-2004, 09:54 PM
The grunting isn't nice, but it has been going on forever.... or at least since Seles appeared on the tennis scene:) In recent years, many players (including Sharapova and Serena) have adopted the 'selected grunting' technique, where they seem to grunt only when they really need the point.

drakulie
11-14-2004, 06:12 AM
I wonder if she sounds like that during sex?

gmlasam
11-14-2004, 06:23 AM
I wonder if she sounds like that during sex?Well her grunting sounds rather sexy at times :shock:

antontd
11-14-2004, 07:58 AM
I wonder if she sounds like that during sex?

she must have something in her mouth

irish
11-14-2004, 09:19 AM
It IS against the rules if her opponent complains about it.

IOP
11-14-2004, 11:36 AM
If you watched the match between her and Moresmo last night, you'd notice she did not grunt during most of the match. I wonder if someone told her about this discussion. Looked like the grunt was something she could easily switch off and not make a significant impact on her game.

jjames
11-14-2004, 02:21 PM
she also lost the match. obviously, she wasn't putting forth her best effort. its amazing how people can always find a reason to complain. theres not a player in tennis who doesnt grunt at one time or another. and some coaches encourage grunting

prince
11-14-2004, 04:53 PM
If you watched the match between her and Moresmo last night, you'd notice she did not grunt during most of the match. I wonder if someone told her about this discussion. Looked like the grunt was something she could easily switch off and not make a significant impact on her game.

maybe she read your post here at TW.com messageboard about her grunting.

Ryoma Kun
11-14-2004, 05:39 PM
usually sex grunts sound different from tennis grunts.

usually u can make them out to an "oh" or "yes" during sex

in tennis its more of an "ARGH" "UGH"

but i mean whatever floats ur boats guys

prince
11-14-2004, 06:37 PM
usually sex grunts sound different from tennis grunts.

usually u can make them out to an "oh" or "yes" during sex

in tennis its more of an "ARGH" "UGH"

but i mean whatever floats ur boats guys

but if it is really MR BIG - it will probably be "ARGH" "UGH"

GrahamIsSuper
11-14-2004, 06:49 PM
Is "Mr Big" a pet name? Perhaps for you, Prince, we (and by "We" I of course mean YOU) should call your insignificant other "Princess Sofia".

Just a suggestion.

Somone needs to invent the interchangable "Brown Bag Special" bags, I bet that Sharapova's would be one of the highest selling.

Phil
11-14-2004, 08:25 PM
Well her grunting sounds rather sexy at times

Only if you enjoy the idea of your partner murdering you during sex. I mean, she doesn't "grunt"; she SCREAMS/SHREIKS/Bays like a hound...and, she doesn't do it when she makes contact-it's AFTER the ball has left her strings, so her "grunt" isn't caused by the sheer physical effort of hitting the ball-it's a tactic, pure and simple.

Kobble
11-14-2004, 09:44 PM
Speaking of grunting tactics, I saw a player that didn't unleash his Guga like grunt until the ball reached his opponent. However, Truly great players don't let this crap get the best of them.