PDA

View Full Version : Prince multi?

allrightguy
10-15-2007, 01:02 PM
Has anyone else used the new Prince Multi-gut? I hybrided it with luxilon rough in the mains a while back and it was pretty nice. I thoguth the overwrap wore done pretty quickly though... What were your opinions?

sruckauf
10-15-2007, 01:39 PM
Multi-gut? Are you talking about Prince Synthetic Gut Multifilament?

allrightguy
10-15-2007, 02:52 PM
yeah that's what I meant. Couldn't remember exact name lol.

shojun25
10-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Only used as a hybrid with SPPP and Cyberflash.

I thought it gave more power, and it did not fray like NXT. It actually has a good durability for a multi. More comfortable than OG Micro. Its not as muted as OG Micro as well - it gives a more crisp feel and I can hear that pop sound in my O3 Tour.

Overall, great multi with better than average durability.

sruckauf
10-15-2007, 03:34 PM
yeah that's what I meant. Couldn't remember exact name lol.

I hear you.

I liked this multi a lot, especially for the price. Good all around string. I found some fairly excessive string movement in my testing, but other than that, the playability, feel, power, and spin potential were all very good.

Another unique thing about this string that I found and some of the others here, is that it gives a pretty satisfying 'thwack' when you hit the ball. :)

allrightguy
10-16-2007, 07:55 AM
I hear you.

I liked this multi a lot, especially for the price. Good all around string. I found some fairly excessive string movement in my testing, but other than that, the playability, feel, power, and spin potential were all very good.

Another unique thing about this string that I found and some of the others here, is that it gives a pretty satisfying 'thwack' when you hit the ball. :)

Yeah there's definitely a gratifying sound to it.;) I didn't notice any string movement with mine? Of course, it was hybrided, but still..Which guage were you using and at what weight?