PDA

View Full Version : finished knot stuck in grommet

TENNIS_99
10-15-2007, 02:33 PM
I was too careless and lazy that I tied my finished knot too small that the knots got sucked into the grommet when I tensioned the last cross and it stuck there with the main. I tried to pull it out and re-tie it but was unable to do so(afraid to pull too hard) so I just leave it there and make an another single knot with the remaining string. I don't think the knot will slip out but I am concerned any other negative effects like damage the insdie of the grommet?, any ideas are appreciated,

thanks..

shojun25
10-15-2007, 03:33 PM
Never happened to me before, but when you are playing with the racquet, try not to get a lot of mishits. The mishit might make the string pop out of the grommet. Also, the knot might dig into the grommet, and hit the graphite.

If I were you, order a set of grommets for your racquet as soon as possible just in case this will occur. Or you can just use tubing nylon in your next string job to prevent the string(s) from rubbing into the graphite. I wouldn't recommend using tubing nylon where 2 strings go into the same grommet because it is VERY hard to push the 2nd string into the grommet hole because of the tube in the way. So just go with the safer method, and buy a new set of grommet immediately.

P.S. You can just restring the cross set (not advisable, but some tried and succeeded) and play with the racquet.

Steve Huff
10-15-2007, 09:27 PM
Just tie another knot to be sure. It will be all right.