PDA

View Full Version : Need Feedback on SPPP and Prince Topspin.

krprunitennis2
10-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Among the two strings, which one would you choose, and why?

I've chosen SPPP over Luxilon because it's cheaper, almost plays the same (or maybe it's just my mind -_-), and a friend of mine has a reel of it to use for stringing.

I've been thinking of using Prince Topspin because of wow, the topspin I was getting with it. I borrowed by friend's Babolat AeroBlast w/ the Prince Topspin strings on it, and wow. My serves never kicked as easy as that. xD

=] if you can, please compare and contrast both strings and the pros and cons (like power, spin, DURABILITY, and cost).

I'd really like to save money.

shojun25
10-15-2007, 06:40 PM
Power- Prince Topspin
Spin- SPPP
Durability- SPPP
Cost- Prince Topspin

Prince Topspin is a good string. The only thing I do not like with this string is its tension maintenance and its feel. It loses tension way too fast, and it has a very crisp and mushy feel. The gauge is probably interfering with the feel, so that may be the reason I had a mushier feel. It does have exeptional topspin (hence the name Prince Topspin). SPPP, however, is more of my type of string. Great spin, a dampened feel, great tension retention, and it is easier to control the ball more.

If you like the Topspin strings, get it. Just look at the outcome 3 weeks from when you strung your racquet with Topspin or SPPP. If you think it will hold up __ weeks from now, then I would suggest getting it. The feel and the tension lost of Prince Topspin is its only downer.

krprunitennis2
10-19-2007, 06:21 PM
xO I don't know if it's just me or not... but. on my spare racket, I've put string savers on them with SPPP strings. would 6 months bring THAT much of a tension difference? How many lbs would it be?

and if prince topspin would lose tension really fast, would it break faster? since I don't really like cutting strings.