PDA

View Full Version : Which poly on my APDC?

TennisFrkJC92
10-15-2007, 06:26 PM
I have been using hybrids up til now and i think i want to switch to poly to tame the power, increase control and spin. Currently, i'm stuck between these two polys:

Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour
Luxilon BB Alu Power 16L

I'm looking for the string with more spin, tension maintanence, and control. Basically, a string more suited for an aggressive baseliner, who doesn't break strings often, so string maintanence is the problem, and hits with massive topspin and good pace.
Also, i've tried the Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour on my previous racquet, Pure Drive Roddick. It played great the first 3-4 days but then it lost tremendous tension and the balls started to fly long. This might've been the stringer's fault but that was just my experience.

shojun25
10-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Between those two, ALU power hands down.

Your stringer did not make a mistake (or we both made mistakes) when he strung the racquet, because I experienced the same thing too. PHT isn't meant for exeptional tension maintenance.

For polys, both strings can create a good amount of power. I especially like feel of ALU power. I don't use it as my main string because it is too expensive.