PDA

View Full Version : try ALU power

lilxjohnyy
10-15-2007, 06:53 PM
should i even bothering trying ALU power .i know that the first two are a dream with this string but after that its crap. i am currently using cyberflash and i like it.and if i do would u recommend rough or ...nonrough

shojun25
10-15-2007, 07:29 PM
what do you mean by rough and non-rough?

ProStaff Legend
10-15-2007, 08:34 PM
alu power comes ina rough and a regular. not sure if the rough does anything, it doesnt look like it does

jasoncho92
10-15-2007, 08:58 PM
Rough doesnt do anything. Well alu power lost tension pretty fast for me and moved like hell, it also broke after 1 1/2 right on the sweetspot. So id go for something better thats cheaper too

PurePrestige
10-15-2007, 09:16 PM
eh.
I love alu power, I think its a fantastic string.
However, I hate Cyberflash...that being said they do have the same stiffness rating and tension loss isn't that far off. People that say they're the same I think have to be crazy, cyberflash from my experience was much stiffer and gave much less topspin and seemed like it lost playability much quicker.
I'd say give alu power a shot, the rough is a bit softer and does give a bit more spin. Whether it is from the texture or not I can't say. I prefer the rough for it feeling a bit softer and spinnier to me.

baseliner87
10-16-2007, 02:15 AM
i use alu power rough and i loved it would not have it any other way....but it's all up to you, my opinion is you should atleast try it.

ericsson
10-16-2007, 02:44 AM
it sure is a good string but for that money there are others with the same qualities, in my opinion is way overpriced, sure if you string a lot...

sunflowerhx
10-16-2007, 05:07 AM
Tried both Alu Power and Rough and personally I think they are over rated - just because most pros use them. After a while they feel dead.

Prefer Big Banger original with a good syn gut.

ledor
10-16-2007, 09:19 PM
I don't see any difference with Original and Rough, unless you go Floro, that's the real only difference.

I bought a 660 reel of BB Original for some odd reason, geez lasts forever.