PDA

View Full Version : When warming up, do you practice just ground stroke or with some slice?

AceofBase
10-15-2007, 07:32 PM
From what i seen alot of people posting up video of themself seem to just hit ground stroke all the time with no slice and dice. To me i like to mix things up when warming up to get use to in a real match, like maybe slice and then topspin back and forth from baseline. And also which one you think is the hardest to perform since you dont see much of slice and dice on all the video that are posted up and to you?

Slazenger
10-15-2007, 07:41 PM
I will hit a few slice backhands out of necessity (I use a 1HBH) in match warm-ups but that's it. Mostly I'm just trying to give my opponent balls in his strike zone.

Not sure what you mean which one is the hardest to perform.

raiden031
10-15-2007, 07:48 PM
Probably a third of my backhand shots in both warmups and matches are sliced. I like to mix it up to try to throw off my opponent, and during warm-ups I simply want to make sure all my shots are warmed up before going into a match.

kevhen
10-16-2007, 12:54 PM
I try to warm up slice and topspin on both sides since I plan to use both in the match. I usually warm up 2 hand backhand first and then go to forehand topspin and then forehand slice. If I have to reach for some backhands in warmups I will use backhand slice like I would in a match when stretched. I hit one shot several times before moving on so I will hit like 5-6 backhands in a row before hitting a different shot. This gets me moving too since my opponent may not hit right at me so I may have to run around to get hit another backhand in a row.

BlahDow
10-18-2007, 11:43 AM
when i'm warming up i do both..normal groundstroke forehand..slice and normal groundstroke backhands