PDA

View Full Version : Stringing Time?

jasoncho92
10-15-2007, 09:57 PM
Well im just wondering, is 45 minutes for my 5th racket good? And what should my goal be for my 10th racket?

LPShanet
10-15-2007, 11:49 PM
Well im just wondering, is 45 minutes for my 5th racket good? And what should my goal be for my 10th racket?

What machine are you on? Appropriate times vary greatly depending on what equipment you're using.

And since you're just starting out, I'd say that your technique and doing a really good job is MUCH more important than your time. Until you're stringing tons of racquets for business purposes, I'd ignore your times, and focus on whether you're getting even tension on the stringbed, avoiding string burn, and keeping the string in good condition, as well as other issues that will affect the playability of the racquet. You definitely won't save time if you have to redo the work...

jasoncho92
10-16-2007, 05:56 AM
Well im using a klippermate and i had no misweaves or the strings overlapping with other on the outside part of the grommet. I prestreched the string too

LPShanet
10-16-2007, 10:46 AM
Well im using a klippermate and i had no misweaves or the strings overlapping with other on the outside part of the grommet. I prestreched the string too

I still think you should not worry about your time. 45 minutes for one of your first string jobs is very reasonable for a drop weight machine like that. They should take notably more time than the same string job on a professional style machine. You'll get faster naturally as you get more experienced and get to know the machine better. But any kind of rushing is a bad thing, and there's no real motivation for greatly improving your time unless you are stringing at a tournament for all the players. Forget about times, and focus on doing the best string job you can.

LPShanet
10-16-2007, 10:48 AM

Just a note: not having any misweaves is great, but is something that should be expected. A good stringer will almost never do a misweave at any speed if they know the racquet well and pay attention. I know some stringers who have never misweaved in their entire careers. Seriously.

tbini87
10-16-2007, 11:07 AM

45 min is already good, so i wouldn't worry about bringing down the time too much. it will come naturally. by your 10th or 15th you will prob knock off 5 min or something just by becoming more efficient. make sure you aren't burning the strings, and getting the bar close to horizontal everytime for consistency. you can worry about time once you feel totally comfortable and have plenty of different frames under your belt.